Parachute Trained Soldiers Face Pay Cut...

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by LongGoneSilver, May 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ouch, thats gonna sting a little! Mind you is it not surprising that given that (Excluding Special Forces - SAS & SBS) our Parachute Trained elite have not made an operational jump since the Suez crisis in 1956.

Well, it's as our American cousins do... If your not in a unit that is 'going' (not might, just in case, or you never know) to parachute then you don't get the pay.

Who should we blame? The current Government? No the Last one; the Labour Government for borrowing in excess of £300Bn so that the great unwashed could continue to claim their benefits. Who suffers? The tax payers, the Armed Forces...

Hay ho... What next the Armed Forces Pension?

2. Oh dear god, another bloody thread!

3. Try around 3 months ago in Helmand.

Para Regt also won't be losing para pay. It will be the attached arms.

Anyone want to borrow some crayons for this thread?

4. Flash-------------------------------------------------------Bang

Come one at least do a search first :)

5. Yeah OK OK I yeald... I suppose a small group of Paras every 55 years dropping from an RAF Hercules is worth the payments made to those who wear the BBC.

BBC News online Yesterday (so I guess its quite recent):

BBC News - Parachute Regiment soldiers face 'special payment' cut

6. Suits me. I'm the one drawing an extra two grand a year. Cheers easy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. £38.50 per week (£23 after tax) sort of puts it all in proportion really, doesn't it?

8. £169.26 per month. Cheers easy.

9. A couple of good nights on the pop with a curry thrown in? :) Of course while thinking of the Rifles eating Pot Noodles in their rooms?

10. Best stand by then Fallschirmjager (Suits me. I'm the one drawing an extra two grand a year. Cheers easy) for the preverbial cost saving hammer to fall...

11. What part of 'only elements of attached arms will lose para pay' don't you understand?

Mong.

• Like Like x 1
  12. £42653.00, give or take a few pounds, over the last 21 years. Cheers ******* easy!!

13. Yep. 21 years of para pay for me as well mucker. Cheers ******* easy!!! Each lob has gained me a grand!!! kerching!!!

14. Muhahahaa, 22 years of para pay, 25 years drawing a pension.

If I knew I was going to live this long I would have done more shagging, drinking, and fecking smoking while I was in :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Well, what can I say Fallschirmjager... Other than, when our lords and masters see this thread, and believe me, they do read these threads, Im sure comments like:

£42653.00, give or take a few pounds, over the last 21 years. Cheers ******* easy!!

and

Yep. 21 years of para pay for me as well mucker. Cheers ******* easy!!! Each lob has gained me a grand!!! kerching!!!

Just about sums it up...

TTFN