Parachute running smock

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Clemtex, Apr 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having searched a few threads related to this subject, the one thing I was looking for was a pattern. I'm off to do the three peaks in June and this would be ideal for those moments when the action stops or the wind starts. My daughter has agreed to make it and I have the parachute, I just need a pattern and google, it seems, is not quite my friend. Your help will be much appreciated.
  2. Zoot suit?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I tried looking at them and all I got was a load of images of Jim Careys The Mask or similar rubbish, but thanks for the suggestion.
  4. That may well be a solution, however I missed one on fleabay, well two. I liked the design and it seems they had been knocked up by a lady pumped up on tea and regals. I have more than enough cloth and my daughter is keen on the job. I was hoping for a slightly more roomy garment rather than the modern streamlined affair. Sadly I am twice the man I used to be.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Survival Aids used to sell them, I only ever saw a couple being worn, poseurs!
  6. Sure the parachute on the back of your smock will only slow you down?

Or are you doing resistance training?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

All together no I will say this only once!
    Come now if it was resistance training he would have an overcoat, Beret and battered cardboard suitcase comcealing an RT set!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Try forums.
  9. I've got two of them and no you can't have one!! Though I may inform you that HM Supplies here in the Shot sell them.
  10. You could lie on the floor and get someone to draw round you?
  11. Just get an Arktis one. link to follow