Parachute regiment

So I'm hoping to join the parachute regiment at 16 and my application goes in on the 30th. I've been doing a lot of research and everyone says you must prepare mentally to pass, but never say how? Any tips on what I should do, or how I should go about it?

Have a mind set that nothing will stop you, even the inability of the recruiting agency to do a good job first time.

Determination.

You can't prepare mentally, any clever ideas you try will be crushed by the training. You've either got the mentality or you haven't.
I disagree. It's about preparing your mindset - always do the very best you can, even when you think you have nothing left. My way of doing it was by imagining a reward (usually sexual when I was a teenager).

From my limited experience. Make sure you're not scared of heights. (I am but still managed the shuffle bars)

Good luck with it.

So I'm hoping to join the parachute regiment at 16 and my application goes in on the 30th. I've been doing a lot of research and everyone says you must prepare mentally to pass, but never say how? Any tips on what I should do, or how I should go about it?
1. Don't start a thread with "so".
2. Work on your fitness, get fitter than you've ever been in your life.
3. Then, work on your fitness.
4. Good luck.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is pretty mental, so you are well on the way :)

Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is pretty mental, so you are well on the way :)
I never jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft, but I did jump out of many military ones.

Have a mind set that nothing will stop you, even the inability of the recruiting agency to do a good job first time.

Determination.

Very much agreed with the first sentence. It applies to the recruiting office as well - I was adamant that I wanted to join the Parachute Regiment, despite brief attempts to get me elsewhere. The mindset is having single-minded determination.

I think it might help ( but bear in mind I was never a Parachutist) that a study of their history would't be a bad idea - even something easy like watching A Bridge Too Far.

Read up on what they did in the Falklands and Suez; look up the citations for their recent VCs and enjoy.

PS - GET FIT. ^^