Parachute Regiment?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by shireen1992, May 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My fiancé is currently in Colchester Prison for going AWOL from the Household Cavalry. He is transferring to the Paras I think and was wondering if they would still accept him? He has signed all the forms last week or something and I not sure if the paras have as yet, im just wondering as he went awol would they still have him? :(

Also is the Parachute regiment dangorous? How long after the Phase 2 training will they be deployed to Afgan?

Many thanks

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. not a wah just boring

4. Also is the Parachute regiment dangorous?

Yes I remember a particulalrly nasty and dangerous paving stone by Browning Barracks

5. Dangerous,ffs ! :mrgreen:

6. Why join the paras when you can join the elite RAF Regiment?

7. The paras aren't dangerous at all, they are about to be re-roled to Helicopter Assault Troops as 2Sqn of the RAF Regt are much better and are taking over the airborne role.

They aren't aren't going back to Afghanistan, they are being posted to the South Pole to look after penguins

8. I like penguins

9. As long as he maintains his pelvic floor, the danger of prolapse is minimal.

10. I am sure the Paras will welcome him with open arms......

.....and clenched fists! AWOL does not go down to well in a regiment renowned for the pressures they are under.

If he is going AWOL now, what will he be doing come P company time or climbing into the aircraft at Brize Norton on his way to a rocky place.

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

At least he can get Joe Glentons autograph whilst he's getting dry bummed.

12. Yep - the 'Stan is only dangeroius for Paras - that's coz unlike the rest of the infantry they are bone ignorent of the dangers of active service! :p

13. Please not again :roll:

Joking aside 'elite' is getting rather over-used these days :lol:

As for the OP, stand by for some interesting replies

14. Me too, penguins are quality.

If he's going PARA, then he's gonna get dry bummed, like it, and leave you. Fact.

15. No, its only dangerous because the heat means the blokes can't wear P Smocks, which we all know are bulletproof.