Parachute Regiment to combine with RAF Regiment?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Outstanding, Oct 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YouTube - royalairforce's Channel

Clearly these boys have all the makings of excellent soldiers and having already completed the training could easily transfer to Para Reg?

2. waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

3. After Outstanding's comment, our correspondent made an excuse and left...

4. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

******* good one.........You ****!!!!

5. II Squadron, the real 2 Para

6. Well, it made me smile ;-)

7. The only problem being is that the Parachutist will be constantly bailing out of perfectly serviceable aircraft not very economical me thinks

8. Just to piss Airborne type's off I want it to be true, does that count?:)

9. Flying hats

10. Airborn barrier men! it has to be the way ahead.

11. I read or dreamt .......................

Line Infantry to combine with CCF

12. Line infantry; I believe that would include The Parachute Regiment as well then. Then again I have seen plenty of ACF in pink para hats.

13. Whose fevered brain conceived of this tripe? Twaddle at its most arrant.

14. All joking and inter capbadge rivalry aside. This suggestion or part of it is not as far fetched as it sounds. Elements of the RAF Regt could be subsumed into 16 AA Bde to enhance their operational readiness while the rest are left to FP.

15. Sounds like this could be a pukka gen, no duff rumour.
    My mates back in the Battalion have told me that they recieved the warning order from the CO today.

To fall into line with RAF Reg's standards and SOP's there is a Regiment wide ban on all PT within Para Reg from now on. The headshed has dictated that only the right bicep may be excercised from hence fourth. This will encourage all Paras to follow RAF reg's lead by becoming absolute "poridge body" wasters of the highest order who are only capable of using their right arms to either lift or lower a barrier, scoff naafi baps or pull their puds whilst on stag.