Parachute Regiment Subaltern :-)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by westy_1981, Jan 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all,

i was offered a commission in the parachute regiment after interview last night. As you can imagine i'm absolutely over the moon.

i have a couple of questions - how will i be viewed turning up at battalion enagaged and looking to get married within my first year? I've asked the question of my DS and i've been told that as long as I am commited to my blokes and there are no ill effects with work then there is not a problem. Are there any wives of para officers / ranks on the forum? how do you find life in the Regiment?

Any suggestions,etc would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance, westy

2. Get your wife some boxing gloves and a headguard? 8O

3. Dont let other dictate to you whether or not you can get married, operational tempo may influence your dates though!!

4. Guys, before anyone kicks off, this is a serious question from someone seeking your experience, please treat it as such. Bone sh!te will be deleted.

Regards

DM

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm working with part of the Parachute Regiment now, and, as an old and jaundiced linegrunt, can only say that I have been suitably impressed - they are outstanding and truly professional Soldiers, and you should be honoured to be offered a Commission with them!

I will ask about your question, PM to follow

6. If you end up commanding the Mortar Platoon, your soldiers will be mighty upset!

7. As long you know what you are doing and pass the P Course there will not be any trouble, but remember you will spend a lot time away from your wife so I hope she is the understanding type.

8. I'd suggest that if you're that insecure then you won't make it through Sandhurst, never mind Para Reg ... just marry her you fooking twonk, you don't need permission from the blokes :lol:

If she's slim and attractive, I hope you're going to screw the nut and bring some fat heffer to functions :lol:

See you on the Chalk Parade

p.s. start using capitals, especially for 'I' :wink: