PARACHUTE REGIMENT RESERVE...ST HELENS

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by johnthepara, Dec 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=justify]YES! The rumours are true! 4 PARA are returning to the North West after a 5 year absence. A new Detachment of 12 Company will open in January at Jubilee Barracks St. Helens.
    Anyone interested in joining / transferring / re-enlisting should phone 0845 4330422 or fill in and return the enquiry form on the Battalion web page: www.4para.com
    The next recruit cadre starts in February so you will have to act fast to sort out your documentation. Vacancies for supporting arms as well.
    The barracks are within easy reach of the town centre, so travel from Manchester, Liverpool and the North West should be within reasonable travelling distance.[/align]

I WILL UPDATE THIS WHEN THE NEW CADRE STARTS. ALSO WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF ANY CHANGES IN RECRUITING. IF YOU ARRIVES HERE VIA GOOGLE.CO.UK LOOKING FOR 4 PARA YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE AND PHONE THE NUMBER ABOVE FOR ALL INFO.

2. Wouldn't Leeds be closer, plus its on the post/correct side of the pennines and your car will be where you left after the weekend.

3. Im so glad to hear that 4 Para is returning back to Merseyside, Isnt Jubilee Barracks a Signal Detatchment at the minuate?. I was also thinking about joining this new 4 Para TA for 1 yearish to do my training and then go the Regulars but on the other hand it may
    mess up my application for the Army.

4. I would have thought it would benefit you greatly to get some experience under your belt.

5. To get extra clued up before joining the regs can only be a good thing.
    We had an ex ta para guy in our training partie and he was without doubt the the best recruit there, he won best recruit, best PT. best shot, and was already used to all the bull that they forget to tell you about at your local recruit centre when you sign up.

6. What about the RA HQ at Jubilee? Will it be a shared TAC? Parading on different night to avoid fisticuffs? One of my mates there is ex 4 Para anyway so I can see him jumping ship (excuse the pun).

7. The recruitment form is not on the front page, it is here.

8. I spent 12 years in 4 Para mortars in liverpool. the lamebrained politicians who disbanded this excellent unit (probably the finest in the history of the territorial army) should be lined up against a wall and shot! With SLRs I hasten to add not with shoddily made SA80s
    and Merlin745 if you've not got anything intelligent to say, well don't say it!