Parachute regiment or AAC?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Little_Lion_Man, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I've been thinking about joining the parachute regiment for a while now, and I'd pretty much decided on it as soon as I hit 16 i'll join, but I've just read that you don't have to be an officer to fly in the AAC. I'm well educated, and its just struck me that i might join the AAC instead. now, before i decide one way or the other, I'd like to know a bit more about the AAC, namely how likely is it to become pilot, and how long it would take. I know i'm more suited to the paras but the AAC looks to have more to offer in the way of future prospects.

2. Or Join the Paras and once you are a LCpl recommended for Cpl, apply to be a pilot. It’s open to all Arms and Corps.

If you join the AAC direct you won’t get the opportunity much before that point anyway

3. Really? tell me more...

4. Well you can Join the Paras and once you are a LCpl recommended for Cpl, apply to be a pilot. It’s open to all Arms and Corps.

Or you join the AAC direct and you won’t get the opportunity much before that point anyway, however, you can go Rear crew once you are recommended for LCpl

5. ok. i'll join the paras then.

6. A happy ending :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.