Parachute regiment fitness plan ,need somoene with experience to have look

Hello everyone , new poster here. I have 6 months to train for the Paras before I apply as I am still in school. Anyway I was wondering if somoene with experience will have a look at my fitness plan so here it is

M : Workout
T : 2 mile run
W : Workout
T : Intervals x 2(800m)
F : Workout
S : Test
S : rest

Workout :
Push ups : 3 x 15
Diamond push ups : 3 x 5

Situps : 3 x 15
Plank (front & side): 3 x 30sec

Squats : 3 x 15
Lunges : 3 x 10pl

Pull ups : 3 x 4
Chinups : 3 x 4

Dips : 3 x 15
Dorsal hold : 3 x 30sec

Add 5 reps to workout every 2 weeks and 1 rep to pull ups & chin ups. Add 1 mile to run and x1 of intervals every 2 weeks.

Test is a max push ups ,situps ,pull ups and a timed 1.2 mile run.

More runs at longer distance IMO. I would ditch one of the workouts an include at least a 10-miler

Plan for much more interval work, say on a daily basis, then replace that plan with fartlek (unplanned) training.

If you can't handle unplanned for 45 minutes to an hour or so, then do Tempos, or threshold runs (2-3 minutes warm up jog, at least 20 minutes above your anaerobic threshold, and cool down for another 3-5 minutes).

Do your mob do the run with kit or just PT shorts, t-shirt and trainers?

Might be worth doing the odd canter out with boots and a loaded rucksack if the the former.

So more running and less workout
Most definitely. The gym tests (pull-ups, sit-ups etc) are important to pass, but the Parachute Regiment basic training is all about moving at speed at distances between 2 miles and 15 miles. By all means do the workouts, but cardio vascular strength and stamina is, IMO, more important.

I should add that I have not been in the Army for quite a few years, but the focus of Parachute Regiment training does not seem to have changed too much.

So more running and less workout
Exactly that. You MUST be able to run, run, and run again. Basic and P Company are all about stamina and movement. Your gym work is important, yes, keep it up, but the emphasis is on running, and the more you do now the less of an excrutiating shitstorm your runs are going to be there. When you get to Catterick and your basic is underway you will regret every single day you did not run to improve your stamina between now and then. The people there are out to break those whom they can't see fitting in to the Regiment. Don't be one of the 'unwanted'.

For what it's worth, the para recruit platoon shown on tv's "Paras - Men of War" started with 40 blokes of whom only 12 or 13 made the cut through to the parachute phase.

Thanks guys this helps allot ,I'll make a few tweaks here and there and definitely add allot more running. Just one last thing ,do you think I should ditch the test on Saturday's and just do a long run?

Thanks guys this helps allot ,I'll make a few tweaks here and there and definitely add allot more running. Just one last thing ,do you think I should ditch the test on Saturday's and just do a long run?
Yes.

Against the majority of thought, though I have a mate in 4 PARA who did and has maintained his "linear progression" in the basic barbell movements (squat, bench/ overhead press and dead lift) while maintaining his calories to stay at a 12 stone body weight.

He highlights that the carry over to "battle PT" (assault course, carry and drags etc), running/ tabbing with weight and muscular endurance focused circuits using your body mass (pull ups, press ups etc) has been evident and worth doing, as well as overall improved physical resilience to injury.

It's basically three ~30 minute sessions a week and as your aren't "lifting to failure" doesn't use up much of your recovery budget for the aerobic/ load bearing stuff. A young fit bloke can peek after 6-8 weeks of consistent training.

I should also mention that I am from South Africa and I only have one shot at this so I am maybe considering joining the Rifles instead because the Paras have such a high fail rate just to get a foot in the door

Would like to hear your toughts on this

I should also mention that I am from South Africa and I only have one shot at this so I am maybe considering joining the Rifles instead because the Paras have such a high fail rate just to get a foot in the door

Would like to hear your toughts on this
don't worry about the rifles.

You're going to pass Para.

might I suggest, time permitting, you work out in the morning, doing tabatta, rotating between trunk and arms.

in the pm go for balls out runs 2 miles in duration.

rest Wednesday and Sunday and sat do a 10 miler, or more.

you don't need a tes t if you monitor your times and how many reps you do on the final 20 sevonds.