Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parachute regiment ACF

morsk

LE
Do you think it is as high as 95%?
50% seems reasonable.
I actually pressed the post button and immediately thought 75% sounds more like it, but now you have quoted it, I can't change it .

I actually pressed the post button and immediately thought 75% sounds more like it, but now you have quoted it, I can't change it .
Shall we settle for 62.5%?
Personally I have no problem with those who are open about their non serving status, I feel they add to the forum.
The Walts including bravo squared are different.

morsk

LE
Shall we settle for 62.5%?
Personally I have no problem with those who are open about their non serving status, I feel they add to the forum.
The Walts including bravo squared are different.
I can live with that figure. I don't like civvies, and Walts are civvies with ill-founded imagination...

21728020_10214579460666980_5188111291826577721_n.jpg

Ok the fellas I wanna join ACF Harrogate when I’m 16. When I was researching about Harrogate I seen lads wearing the Parachute regiment cap badge and I was like "fucken sick that" so if you fellas could tell me about the regiment in ACF like qualifications and how to join. The website isn’t very useful for this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ACF (Army Cadet Force) is a youth organisation for children aged 12+. It is not part of the army.
As a child I was in the ACF in Larkhill, and we wore the Artillery badge on our berets at a time that the ACF went to a generalized ACF badge. The RA continued to sponsor us and were happy for us to wear the badge.

AFC Harrogate (Army Foundation College) is a Phase 1 training establishment for the Army which takes in 16 and 17 year olds. It’s the real Army
If you are sickened by the Army’s decision on who it let’s wear different berets and badges then your in for many surprises

OP, you neglected to tell us that you're a bit punchy in your post. You were more explicit when you asked the same question in The Student Room.

"Sappin lads/birds I wanna join ACF Harrogate paras when I sign up problem is the boys I’ve been kicked out my last school for violent behaviour, but also I have a few questions
1• what qualifications do you need to pass para selections
2• what requirements do in need for fitness tests
3• can ye have a bird there?"

In another post there you also asked -

" are you allowed to have a girlfriend/boyfriend in Harrogate?"

Enthusiasm for a punch up and being 'flexible' with the assigned gender of your sexual partners are the key characteristics they look for in the Paras. You'll fit right in.

The ACF (Army Cadet Force) is a youth organisation for children aged 12+. It is not part of the army.
As a child I was in the ACF in Larkhill, and we wore the Artillery badge on our berets at a time that the ACF went to a generalized ACF badge. The RA continued to sponsor us and were happy for us to wear the badge.

AFC Harrogate (Army Foundation College) is a Phase 1 training establishment for the Army which takes in 16 and 17 year olds. It’s the real Army
If you are sickened by the Army’s decision on who it let’s wear different berets and badges then your in for many surprises

I never knew that the ACF once had a generic cap badge, the ATC yes and they still do. It must have been quite some time ago. IIRC sometime in the fifties the army experimented with generalised cap badges, I think the wyvern was used as a cap badge for regiments from Wessex but I believe the practice was short lived.

ACAB

LE
Ok the fellas I wanna join ACF Harrogate when I’m 16. When I was researching about Harrogate I seen lads wearing the Parachute regiment cap badge and I was like "fucken sick that" so if you fellas could tell me about the regiment in ACF like qualifications and how to join. The website isn’t very useful for this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should really look at your avatar because at the moment you are coming across as a complete cock

I never knew that the ACF once had a generic cap badge, the ATC yes and they still do. It must have been quite some time ago. IIRC sometime in the fifties the army experimented with generalised cap badges, I think the wyvern was used as a cap badge for regiments from Wessex but I believe the practice was short lived.
It was in the early 80s .... circa 82/83???
However - it may have also have just been the threat of standardising a cadet cap badge if everyone else also kept local affiliations

The generic ACF badge is a crowned circle with a Lion (Cub?) ISTR. It was on pamphlets and such.

It was in the early 80s .... circa 82/83???
However - it may have also have just been the threat of standardising a cadet cap badge if everyone else also kept local affiliations

I joined the ACF in 82 and we definitely had regimental/corps cap badges then, my detachment was royal sigs, most of the other local detachments were badged to regional/county infantry units with the odd cavalry or corps cap badge. I wonder if the ACF capbadge was something localised to where you were?

Latest Threads