Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parachute regiment ACF

Ok the fellas I wanna join ACF Harrogate when I’m 16. When I was researching about Harrogate I seen lads wearing the Parachute regiment cap badge and I was like "fucken sick that" so if you fellas could tell me about the regiment in ACF like qualifications and how to join. The website isn’t very useful for this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, I'm out of "Jesus make it stop" memes. :-(

You won't need any qualifications for ACF as it's a military themed youth organisation.

As I understand it the Unit hosting the ACF detachment will determine the cap badge you wear. That's it's only real relevance and doesn't mean you'll be jumping out of a C130 armed to the teeth, and you'll still wear a blue beret.
Someone more qualified may explain it better than myself but that's the jist of it.

Walking around like Charlie big potatoes because you have a Para Reg badge will not make you popular.

That said, good luck in joining and I hope it does something positive for you.

I think Betty’s Tearooms are in Harrogate. Sick.

Oooh, Fat Rascals, yummy!

They also have a tea rooms in York too, nothing about ACF, paras, or literally challenged 13 year olds on the interweb after lights out.

Golden's lad?

As I sit with my early morning brew, I ponder whether this is going as the OP expected, and shouldn't Kes' be spelt with an S?

The trials and tribulations of an average man.

Boxy

GCM
Do cadets have a parachute regiment?

As stated above some ACF and CCF are badged Para Regt, Blue beret and Para capbadge.

I don’t know how it works for ACF as it seems to have no rhyme or reason but with the CCF it’s down to who is affiliated with them.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The common cap badging of CCF and ACF detachments with a parent Army or Reserve unit is good bonding , improves cadet morale and can be seen as long term recruiting. I have been in a TA unit co located with ACF and was impressed by the ability of their instructors to run on a shoe string budget. The older cadets also acted as gun numbers a couple of times and were enthusiastic throughout

Perhaps the British Army Website or Army Careers Office might be a better step forward.
Arrse has lots of experts but probably not many that can see if the poster is right for the Para's.

morsk

LE
Perhaps the British Army Website or Army Careers Office might be a better step forward.
Arrse has lots of experts but probably not many that can see if the poster is right for the Para's.
I fail to see how 95% of the sites members qualify as experts, not having served a day in their lives...

Latest Threads