Parachute Reg veterans at anti-vax Protest / Vet whom was apparently discharged for refusing to deploy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, the military doesnt own civvies to be able to disown them.
And preserve the regiment from tarnish they make comments about cutting out a cancer?
I see nothing wrong with the comment about cancer. They were turbo throbbers and should be totally disowned. As I said, if you don’t get it then that reflects upon you more than anything else. I am sure that any number of the Airborne mafia would horrified if they were cast out and told that they were not welcome as members of the Regiment, serving or not. Again, I think you don’t get it.
Perhaps you never will.
Which is nothing like telling the police who they are.
Still want to run with the terrorism angle? That was amusing.
The terrorism angle was correct - nobody would ever bother a prosecution because it would be dropped in about 2 picoseconds, but it could hit the definition. Again, your inability to get this? Stick to stacking blankets and leave the thinking to the grown ups.

I see nothing wrong with the comment about cancer. They were turbo throbbers and should be totally disowned. As I said, if you don’t get it then that reflects upon you more than anything else. I am sure that any number of the Airborne mafia would horrified if they were cast out and told that they were not welcome as members of the Regiment, serving or not. Again, I think you don’t get it.
Perhaps you never will.

The terrorism angle was correct - nobody would ever bother a prosecution because it would be dropped in about 2 picoseconds, but it could hit the definition. Again, your inability to get this? Stick to stacking blankets and leave the thinking to the grown ups.

You dont see nothing wrong with big tough paras having an emotional outburst on twitter over two civvies attending a protest?

How cringworthy is it to A, suspect the whole of the paras give a ****, B, suspect that the two civvies are so sad that they cant possibly let the army go, C, Ignore anything and everything they may have done in their career because of a couple of minutes being recorded on TV?

******* terrorism, how embarrassing.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm a bit confused now. I've only ever been attached to units where the stores (bedding, clobber and dhobi) were run by civvies (either Brits or German as the case may be). Likewise, I only ever encountered RAOC wallahs in admin roles. And as for QMs? Well, the QM at Quebec Barracks in the Traz, for instance, was a huge Cameron Highlander WOI. Although I never quite understood the whole organisation of the British Army anyway.

MsG
Wasn't your abusive father RAOC?
Dear me, your memory appears to have failed again.
Perhaps you should change your call sign to MrAlzheimers?

Wasn't your abusive father RAOC?
Dear me, your memory appears to have failed again.
Perhaps you should change your call sign to MrAlzheimers?

Knock it on the head sometimes. He asked a fair question in a fair manner.

That’s a stupid waste then. I think both you and I will be laughing when the next shitstorm kicks off and the civvies are working 9-5 for a supply chain thats required 24/7.

If they are employing suppliers at 1st line we have too many suppliers. Either make the whole stores system RLC, thus removing the need for passed over infanteers/ AN Others to occupy RQ & QM slots or leave those slots to the units and reduce the supplier cohort.
3rd Line/L4 REME units were civilianised donkeys ago, initially to ABRO. The equivalent happening to those who supplied us with spares comes as no great surprise.

Knock it on the head sometimes. He asked a fair question in a fair manner.

No he didn't. he tried to insinuate that he once served in the military by making up a story.

If you wish to attack bugsy, there’s a thread where you can unleash your expertise. Now back to the civil and erudite posts that you are known for…

D

Deleted 166591

@stacker1, enough. You are 41 years old, not 14. Why can’t you just act like a man? Get a set of balls about you and stop dribbling on social media. You aren’t a little girl.
Why not just give it a rest and log for a bit. It will do you good and might halt this Stacker vrs the world meltdown you are having today. Let’s take it as read that you believe you are always right.

All you are basically doing is trying to land a zinger. Some magical point that allows you to “win”. This doesn’t even rise to the level of bad argument. It’s just point scoring, and not even real points. It’s farcical. You are literally going out of your way to argue with everyone. Just save yourself the aggravation and accept you are coming across like a sulky teenager. Go to bed.

@stacker1, enough. You are 41 years old, not 14. Why can’t you just act like a man? Get a set of balls about you and stop dribbling on social media. You aren’t a little girl.
Why not just give it a rest and log for a bit. It will do you good and might halt this Stacker vrs the world meltdown you are having today. Let’s take it as read that you believe you are always right.

All you are basically doing is trying to land a zinger. Some magical point that allows you to “win”. This doesn’t even rise to the level of bad argument. It’s just point scoring, and not even real points. It’s farcical. You are literally going out of your way to argue with everyone. Just save yourself the aggravation and accept you are coming across like a sulky teenager. Go to bed.

You keep going on about my age, it wasn't me getting upset about civvie wearing a hat.
It was you.
You then pretended it was all a bit of a gigantic wind up (because no one has ever used that excuse before)
You now seem to think I give a **** about "winning" on an anonymous site.

You ******* snowflake.

D

Deleted 166591

You keep going on about my age, it wasn't me getting upset about civvie wearing a hat.
It was you.
You then pretended it was all a bit of a gigantic wind up (because no one has ever used that excuse before)
You now seem to think I give a **** about "winning" on an anonymous site.

You ******* snowflake.

Then why continue?

Revie

Old-Salt
I've been against essentially all the COVID laws and restrictions (I spent most of 2020 in a country which implemented no measures and was completely fine - and see Jonathon Sumption arguments re: the constitution, the statistical illogicalities regarding deaths, and the complete lack of correlation between strength of measures - most of which with little history in medical science literature - and success at virus containment) but wearing the beret at a march is cringe and not fair on the impartiality of the institution.

However, this talk of cancer and terrorism is disturbing. Regardless of whether you think the restrictions are appropriate or not, it should be worrying that people have been given the moral go-ahead to indulge their worst instincts throughout this whole thing, and this could get nasty if we continue on this trajectory.

but wearing the beret at a march is cringe and not fair on the impartiality of the institution.
What institution?

Status
Not open for further replies.