• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Para10

I have just been volunteered for the Para10 bimble with the 35lb bergan is their any other arrser's attempting this?,I am busy running around with a 16kg bag of dog food in my bergan getting ready for this am I completely insane or just stupid?.Feel free to sponsor me :D

Many thanks to Gadgwah for sponsoring me for £50.00 crispy ones,its got to be worth it to see an old ex RCT trog attempt to kill himself on the P company 10 mile course

I was hoping anyone who has done this event before or has experience of the training area could tell me what the terrain is like?

I am training for a half-marathon in October and was considering incorporating the Para10 race into my build up. However, I am concerned about fitness levels. Running ten miles on road is one thing but running the PPS route is another!

My ten mile road time is around the one hour fifty mark (embarrassingly slow I know) do you thing I am ready to try this run?

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Nom_de_Guerre said:
I was hoping anyone who has done this event before or has experience of the training area could tell me what the terrain is like?

I am training for a half-marathon in October and was considering incorporating the Para10 race into my build up. However, I am concerned about fitness levels. Running ten miles on road is one thing but running the PPS route is another!

My ten mile road time is around the one hour fifty mark (embarrassingly slow I know) do you thing I am ready to try this run?

Any responses greatly appreciated.
You should be ok with that mate, the biggest change is the step up to boots and bergan. There's a 3 hour cut off on the race itself so that's definately do-able. I'm hoping for a sub 2hr (my 1/2 marathon time's 1hr 50). But I think the 1 hr 50 is a tall order (for me at least). :D

RHODESIAN said:
I have just done 5 mile in 57.30 mins in boots and with me sack of dog food on my back so I am quite pleased with that.
You slow hat! Make life easier for yourself by eating the dog food as you go round the course.

100quid on completion and a couple of shiny photos of the event on this thread.

Good luck.

Dread

Thanks Dread,I am 52 feckin years old and dropping to bits so I didn't think that was too bad,Biscuits are you turning up? or aren't you fit enough.

Biscuits_AB said:
RHODESIAN said:
Thanks mate,it doesn't seem a very popular event I wonder why?
Really? Wait until you tip up and see how many take part.
Word is that there is 3x the amount of runners there was last year

I was training a female too get round in under 1 50 but she has since broken her arm. So it looks like now i will be the pace setter on the day.

I don't think I will be nipping at your heels for long Sandy,but I will give it my best shot,will the bar be open afterwards? or are they all fitness freaks.Its good news on the amount of people taking part it should make a lot of money.

See you all there, those that are doing it. Allready got quite a bit of sponsor money pledged up, it'll be going to H4H.

Dug my bergan out the other week and blacked up my old pro-boots. Been following the APTC training guide aswell and its going allright.

Anyone know if there will be a burger van or anything at the end? Im usually peckish after a tab. Just thought I'd ask, as me Gran said she would make some corned beef sarnies for me.

Cheers

Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
I was training a female too get round in under 1 50 but she has since broken her arm. So it looks like now i will be the pace setter on the day.
Why has she quit?

Was she planning to go round the route on all fours or walking on her hands? Effing splitter. Grip her Sandy and educate her. Strap her arm in place and tell her it will just be like carrying the GPMG around the course. Women these days... next the useless creatures will be telling you that giving birth is painful.

(says Dread quietly from the bottom of a wine bottle a couple of thousand miles away with the sure knowledge he will be in the US when the Para10 is on!).

Rhodesian: keep bumping this and also start a thread in Charities asking for money. You might be pleasantly surprised... (or horribly dissapointed :) )

Latest Threads