Para training vids/ Documentaries

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by SWJ.303, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Ive been trying to find some decent vids of the parachute reg training,Only few I could find were either quite old (80's) or some weird A-team edit.

I've seen the RM training Doc with chris tarrill called commando on the frontline, give you a good insight of what they do for their full 32 week course and how the recruits are reacting to military life.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent ones?

Sorry if this has already been done. I did search and the 80's doc has been mentioned

2. You have not yet managed to find the answers to your questions, despite the best efforts of the Parachute Regiment to make them readily available via many different media?

Well, my son, f\cking good luck to you when your chosen Regiment [actually, the Regiment chooses you] begins to put you under pressure.
  3. I am in the process of changing my job choice to the para's that's why am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be, ask me about 1 mercian i can tell you the ins and outs of a cats arse about them.

Better get searching haven't I

This is the one i have seen as i posted in my first post, was just seeing if their was any Documentaries about it like I said
  4. Thanks but please dont tell me this is a sockpuppet account so you could prove your point.
  5. Thats the one i mentioned in my first post, was wondering if their was any modern documentary like their has been for the marines, the only one i can find is an 80's one
  6. I've been wishing for the same, unfortunately there doesn't exist any.

Though there is something modern concerning P Coy that you've not yet addressed on YouTube. I once saw a video on there with a professional, international level boxer fail to keep up with P Coy.

7. Grow up children.
  8. What is it you are after exactly? I think watching the 80s documentary will give you almost as much insight as a modern one. Secondly, brush up on your history and battle honors etc. Thirdly, try reading books, there are plenty out there about the Parachute Regiment.
  9. The 1982 Series, The Paras, is the only one to date that follows Joe Crow through Depot Para from start to finish but fear not. If you ignore the severly dodgy tashes on display and swap Browning Barracks Aldershot for Helles Barracks Catterick you will pick up the general jist of it all.

Regimental Stories Episode - The Para's.

• Like Like x 2