Para smocks

Young enough to be an Army cadet and wanting to look ally amongst your peers....

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Not if you just passed the AOSB scholarship board in Wiltshire. That means British Army so my previous response is valid. If responding to the posts after mine, then yeah, I suppose it does.

And Pray Tell, gentlemen, what is wrong with wanting to look Ally?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
And Pray Tell, gentlemen, what is wrong with wanting to look Ally?
nuthin - but you don't make a song and dance about it you do it until it gets copied by the mod then its no longer ally - but it does at least move us away from 85 patt combats and chinese fighting suits :)

and paras don't look ally anymore with the baggy chav look they adopted. hopefully mtp has improved matters.

nuthin - but you don't make a song and dance about it you do it until it gets copied by the mod then its no longer ally - but it does at least move us away from 85 patt combats and chinese fighting suits :)

and paras don't look ally anymore with the baggy chav look they adopted. hopefully mtp has improved matters.
The baggy chav look was ally!
@ ACAB, the OP's still at school I didn't know what 'ally' was til I'd almost left the army!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Do paratroopers still get Para smocks with the new MTP or do they just wear the same windproof jackets as everyone else now?
The MoD finally gave in to their bleating, and has permoitted the little darlings to have a Smock (Posing) in MTP.

It is cheaper than the general issue equivalent, and seems unlikely ever to be worn on ops, if the last interminable thread on this topic is anything to go by.

I am left wondering if an item is never used on ops, does it not instantly qualify for an alliness-factor in negative double figures?

Either you are ally or not.

If you want to look ally then you are in fact a WALT
I'm confused.

Does this make me an 'Ally Walt' or a 'Walt Ally'?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jockparamedic Old & Bold 51
Nesbit216 Classified Ads 58
Bondi-Babe-Magnet Military History and Militaria 11