Para smocks

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by LCL 0509, May 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do paratroopers still get Para smocks with the new MTP or do they just wear the same windproof jackets as everyone else now?

2. Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I'm 16. Old enough for the regs. But am planning to take the officer route.

4. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

You are old enough for junior entry not regular.

5. Old enough to gargle my love sludge too.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Young enough to be an Army cadet and wanting to look ally amongst your peers....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Whiskey_60 Depends which country dosen't it :')

8. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Not if you just passed the AOSB scholarship board in Wiltshire. That means British Army so my previous response is valid. If responding to the posts after mine, then yeah, I suppose it does.

9. But also young enough to have plenty of years to train and prepare for P-company.

10. And Pray Tell, gentlemen, what is wrong with wanting to look Ally?

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

nuthin - but you don't make a song and dance about it you do it until it gets copied by the mod then its no longer ally - but it does at least move us away from 85 patt combats and chinese fighting suits :)

and paras don't look ally anymore with the baggy chav look they adopted. hopefully mtp has improved matters.

12. The baggy chav look was ally!
    @ ACAB, the OP's still at school I didn't know what 'ally' was til I'd almost left the army!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. The MoD finally gave in to their bleating, and has permoitted the little darlings to have a Smock (Posing) in MTP.

It is cheaper than the general issue equivalent, and seems unlikely ever to be worn on ops, if the last interminable thread on this topic is anything to go by.

I am left wondering if an item is never used on ops, does it not instantly qualify for an alliness-factor in negative double figures?