PARA smock

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by BlueDZ, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I've been out the system for sometime I was curious; with the issue of MTP for Afghan and it's replacement next year with the new style; what about smocks? Will an MTP PARA smock be made? I know the smock is as close to a PARAs heart as a windproof is to a Gyrine, so what for the future?

2. I dont recon they will bother making a replacement...

3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I've heard there is going to be one but when they will be issued is anyone's guess.

Edited to add that this came from a reliable source and not the NAAFI chick.

4. Someone, somewhere will put a stop to the procurement of it. On another note, the only problem I can see with MTP is that it looks ******* silly wearing black boots.

5. There's no point at going to the expense of producing a Para Smock when we can't afford to chuck blokes out of plane.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Take your pick:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heard today we may just continue to wear desert boots, or a new brownish boot will be issued.

8. I have even heard a possibility of AKU NS 564 in tan!

9. I heard that the tankies where kicking of because they need a special uniform (needs ironed over a wok ) that where going to make para smocks as well to stop the paras from looking the same as every one else

10. IIRC I read an article (possibly soldier mag) that the new issued CAB is due for release about July next year

Also new issued brown boots will be worn along with MTP, if I can find the link I'll put it up.

11. They need to start making Lowa and Altberg prompto in brown then. Fucked if I'm wearing issue boots with my spacca feet. The MoD, nice people that they are give me the boots I want.

12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Sheesh how difficult would it be to have these made up in the new camo pattern?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

and...

[​IMG]

14. Christ, looks like something the fire brigade wear.

15. A short story regarding 'Para Smock'.

On guard, lined up waiting for inspection off the duty 'sarge' in Hildeshiem in the 80's. Young chap stood in line with said Para Smock on. Duty stripey was an AAC pilot, ex 2 Para and alround good egg. He lost the plot that the necky sprog turned up with something he wasnt issued with, but more annoyingly to him the fact that this fat mong sprong was wearing an item of kit from his former glorious airborn outfit!

Oh the ridicule, anger from duty sarge and the fact that the wee sprog stagged on 2 hours on, and 30 minutes off throughout the night taught him to stop big timing and wearing ally kit! :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.