Para Selection Requirements.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Daveybaby, Nov 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been scanning the forum whilst my application has been going through and following the lovely pin-up training programme the army gave me to train myself up for selection/basic.

I know that in order to pass i have to beable to run the 1.5 in 9:18 at least but i havnt been able to find any figures on what u need to do upper body wise...

Just wondering if any one knew the exact number of chin ups, press ups or sit ups needed???

Also a mate of mine recently passed everyting but failed on the lower back strength because he wouldnt beable to carry the backpack without causing damage. Is the minimum known for this also.

Any feedback would be great. :? :?

2. Private Golden is also a wonderful source of information...........go to Arrse search fields.

3. "This is a free weekend for young men...."

cottaging in the public bogs too good for you lot these days? :D

4. Chz guys, should have really looked harder but i suppose i was being a little bit lazy 8) :roll:

5. I dont think laziness is quality that para reg look for

6. Well im sure there wont be much googling required when i get in...

7. Well Daveeybaby, ure not in YET. Para reg is a hard nut too crack but well worth it.

BT

8. I know its difficult but once your in its worth it, im looking at a 6-7 months slog of hard trianing and shit. But then im in and thats all i care about...