Para Reg via Welbeck?

When applying for Welbeck, which is a technical college, how do I apply for sponsorship or the such via the Paras?

A lot of what I know doesn't mention Welbexians going infantry.

Welbeck is precisely that: a technical college. If you're interested in the Paras, apply to your own sixthform and for an Army Officer Sixthform Scholarship and then try to arrange sponsorship by them. At the end of the day you'll need to speak to your ACA (Army Careers Advisor)

I think the Ninja speaks truth - you need to speak to an advisor who I think will tell you that Welbeck is purely for the technical stream.

There are people that have escaped and joined the RA or Inf after Welbeck but they are the minority. Most will join RE, REME, R SIGNALS or RLC.

Get the truth from the guy who knows. Ring him/her up.

G

I think the Ninja speaks truth - you need to speak to an advisor who I think will tell you that Welbeck is purely for the technical stream.

There are people that have escaped and joined the RA or Inf after Welbeck but they are the minority. Most will join RE, REME, R SIGNALS or RLC.

Get the truth from the guy who knows. Ring him/her up.

G
The recruiter was the one who told me to go the Welbeck route.

I've never been on the page the above poster linked in their post.

Should I go down to the recruiters on Monday? School can wait. I've got secure A*s anyway. My attendance is purely irrelevant. Though it does stand at 100%.

Bloody hell!

Go and see you school careers master on monday morning.

He/She is paid to give advice to needy adolescents; we are not.

The pubs have just closed and many of us are coping with skriking kids and beligerent wives.

We need you and your problems; (do I complete my PhD in Astrophysics at Imperial or Cambridge? Do I join the Paras or the SAS?); like a hole in the head.

In short, we have real problems, mortgages, car payments, school fees etc; you do not.

Bloody hell!

Go and see you school careers master on monday morning.

He/She is paid to give advice to needy adolescents; we are not.

The pubs have just closed and many of us are coping with skriking kids and beligerent wives.

We need you and your problems; (do I complete my PhD in Astrophysics at Imperial or Cambridge? Do I join the Paras or the SAS?); like a hole in the head.

In short, we have real problems, mortgages, car payments, school fees etc; you do not.
If you did have all of the above to worry about then why do you waste your precious time on me or ARRSE then! Ahaha. :)
It is thinly veiled you don't like me. Then go Foxtrot Oscar from my threads. Why don't you just block me? Or are you like a moth to a flame? Needing something worthwhile to do.

We don't have a career master, so it's the ACIO for me.

Young man

Do you think that telling experienced officers and former officers to "FO" is helping your proposed career or not?

90% of being a good officer is having "people" rather than technical skills.

I suggest that you perform a self evaluation and assess if you have such skills.

One such skill is to predispose people to help you but you have managed to get most people on this site "off side". This does not bode well for your future.

Without adequate people skills I suggest that your future as a leader/manager in any organisation will not be bright.

From what I remember you can't join the infantry through Welbeck. Go to a normal sixth form and try to apply for the Sixth Form Scholarship. It's pretty hotly contended mind, hard to get but it is achievable. That will fund you through college and uni, and you won't be limited to certain corps once you finish uni (presuming you go).

Hmm... no would be the answer to the first question of course.

Don't worry yourself over the latter, how I behave on ARRSE does not reflect my behaviour elsewhere.

Hmm... no would be the answer to the first question of course.

Don't worry yourself over the latter, how I behave on ARRSE does not reflect my behaviour elsewhere.
Young man

Your behavior on this site should be exemplary as you constantly provide sufficient biographic details to make yourself readily identifiable; in short, you have established a poor reputation even before joining. It took most of us, a few years service to manage that!

Now it's been put that way, I must really be doing something that will hurt my case. If you can be bothered, can you please send via PM, some way of putting this little drama on the right track. I'm willing to go far to be the best or as near as much to becoming a quality officer.

Now it's been put that way, I must really be doing something that will hurt my case. If you can be bothered, can you please send via PM, some way of putting this little drama on the right track. I'm willing to go far to be the best or as near as much to becoming a quality officer.
Stop being so bloody needy!

I will not enter into a round of PMs! I have ex wives and kids of my own and don't need another!

Think of Arrse as a metaphorical garden shed, golf club bar or pub back bar where we come to get away from wives, kids, bosses and day to day problems.

You give the impression of an academically bright kid who has read too many novels about the army and who lacks people skills.

My suggestion is to look at the popular kids in your class and work out what they do to get people "onside" and you don't and vice versa. In short develop your social skills and try to work out the "sub text" of situations.

Good luck!

Stop being so bloody needy!

I will not enter into a round of PMs! I have ex wives and kids of my own and don't need another!

Think of Arrse as a metaphorical garden shed, golf club bar or pub back bar where we come to get away from wives, kids, bosses and day to day problems.

You give the impression of an academically bright kid who has read too many novels about the army and who lacks people skills.

My suggestion is to look at the popular kids in your class and work out what they do to get people "onside" and you don't and vice versa. In short develop your social skills and try to work out the "sub text" of situations.

Good luck!
I'll take note.

--------------------The End-------------------

Feeling that I may have been a bit harsh with you before so I suggest that you use the following formula in your posts if you wish to get info from this site and create a favourable impression in the future.

Step 1: Consider your Target Audience:

Step 2: Use the AIDA Formula to draft your post
AIDA (marketing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A - Attention (Awareness): attract the attention of the respondant.
I - Interest: raise interest in your question.
D - Desire: convince respondants that this is a genuine query and that you will value a sensible response
A - Action: state the response you are looking for.

Thus for this question:

Target Audience:

You can get all the official info' from the Army websites and the chap you speak to at the ACIO counter is probably a SNCO who knows as much as the websites; therefore, you are asking for people from the following groups to give you the benifit of their experience:
-Blokes who have been to Welbeck
-Blokes who were commissioned into the Infantry (Please note that "hats" v Paras is mainly a ranker sport and Parachute Reg't officers will generally consider that they are Army officers first, Infantry Officers second and Para's third)
- Blokes with common sense and life experience.

Then drafting your query.
A - Attention (Awareness): attract the attention of the respondant.
Therefore, your opening line might have been "Welbeck or Bust?"

The body of your post, using the AIDA formula may have been.............

I - Interest: raise interest in your question.

Good evening gentlemen,

I am seeking your views about the merits of attending Wellbeck

D - Desire: convince respondants that this is a genuine query and that you will value a sensible response
I am 15 years old, a keen Army Cadet and am doing well at school. I am committed to a career as an Army Officer and have a strong prefence towards the infantry, in particular the Parachute Regiment. However, a recruiter has raised the possibilty of my attending Welbeck. From my research, Welbeck looks like a great place to study but I understand that it is orientated towards careers in the corps rather than the infantry.

A - Action: state the response you are looking for.

I would welcome any advice, preferably from personal experience, you are able to give on whether I should apply for Welbeck or single mindedly pursue my dream of a commission in the Infantry.

Thank you , in advance

Apply this fomula and I suspect that you will be more likely to get the reponses that you are seeking.

PS My personal view is that you should concentrate of getting good A'levels and getting a place at a good university, go to Uni and then concentrate on getting the best degree you are capable of and also gathering as much life experience as you can. I would suggest that you join the OTC at Uni' and use this as a means to visit as many regiments as you can. I suspect that you need to ensure that you are committing to the Army as an actual career rather than the Army as portayed by messrs McNabb et al. However, good luck and I hope the above advice helps.

Whilst Welbeck is indeed open to RE, RSIGNALS, RLC & REME pot officers, they do take fee paying students...

Don't know if you could go to Welbeck as a fee payer and then commission in to the Paras in the non-Welbeck fashion? There are Navy, RAF and CS people there too now, so I hear.

You don't get Reg C from it now niether.

linky to the Welbeck Privae Scheme Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College - Welbeck Private Scheme [WPS]