Para Reg T Shirt - "Paratroopers Wanted"

#1
One of the lads out there has got to help me on this!
There's a Reg T shirt that was floating about 3 para in Afghan that was absolute genius (guns plt from what I can remember), I've got to find out where you can get it from. It's got the capbadge on the front and a job advertisment on the back, with the title "paratroopers wanted", then it goes on about what's required to become a member of the world's greatest regiment, bla bla bla, plently of emphasis on filling in hats and nicking their wives or something along those lines. It's by far the best reg t shirt I've seen but I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas?
 
#2
galza7808 said:
One of the lads out there has got to help me on this!
There's a Reg T shirt that was floating about 3 para in Afghan that was absolute genius (guns plt from what I can remember), I've got to find out where you can get it from. It's got the capbadge on the front and a job advertisment on the back, with the title "paratroopers wanted", then it goes on about what's required to become a member of the world's greatest regiment, bla bla bla, plently of emphasis on filling in hats and nicking their wives or something along those lines. It's by far the best reg t shirt I've seen but I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas?
In 3 PARA probably
 
#5
galza7808 wrote
Quick question for anyone who might be in the know: What's the score with how places at Sandhurst are filled up? I know that for RM the final board sits in July to decide who gets put forward for Lympstone in sept, is there a similar setup for RMAS? I hope to pass RCB and get on the sept '07 intake; I'm aware I've left it very late to apply though so would appreciate info regarding how quickly the allocated slots are filled.Also, just so I can get my head around the timeline, approximately how long does it take from application to getting your place at RMAS? I appreciate I could get this info from my AFCO but I am in another country at the moment...
Are you after the T-Shirt so you can

A/pose in the student bar
B/Wear it to your RCB
C/Be a complete Tool the rest of your life
 
#6
scarletto said:
galza7808 wrote
Quick question for anyone who might be in the know: What's the score with how places at Sandhurst are filled up? I know that for RM the final board sits in July to decide who gets put forward for Lympstone in sept, is there a similar setup for RMAS? I hope to pass RCB and get on the sept '07 intake; I'm aware I've left it very late to apply though so would appreciate info regarding how quickly the allocated slots are filled.Also, just so I can get my head around the timeline, approximately how long does it take from application to getting your place at RMAS? I appreciate I could get this info from my AFCO but I am in another country at the moment...
Are you after the T-Shirt so you can

A/pose in the student bar
B/Wear it to your RCB
C/Be a complete Tool the rest of your life
I'm never one to take a risk therfore my dosh is on all three.
 
#7
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Join up and earn one - muppet!
Well, since I'm the one with the maroon lid I'd say I've already joined up, and since I'm the 1 who spent the summer in Helmand I'd say I've earned the right - wouldn't you, muppet? Or are you going to tell me coz I'm 'only' 4 para that I'm not entitled to wear my wings/reg lid/reg t shirt (although I'm perfectly entitled to spend the summer watching rpgs fly past my sangar)???
If you know where I can buy the t shirt leave a post, if not then don't. Funnily enough, most of the students I spend my time with don't know where I've been over the summer, so no I won't be sporting my t shirt down the union. Might come as a bit of a shock, but not all stabs are walts.
 
#9
True, not all STABS are walts, and you can always tell the ones that aren't - they DON'T come on here asking for where they can get gucci t-shirts cos they already have regular mates in who can get them or got them themselves in the first place - muppet!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#10
galza7808 said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Join up and earn one - muppet!
Well, since I'm the one with the maroon lid I'd say I've already joined up, and since I'm the 1 who spent the summer in Helmand I'd say I've earned the right - wouldn't you, muppet? Or are you going to tell me coz I'm 'only' 4 para that I'm not entitled to wear my wings/reg lid/reg t shirt (although I'm perfectly entitled to spend the summer watching rpgs fly past my sangar)???
If you know where I can buy the t shirt leave a post, if not then don't. Funnily enough, most of the students I spend my time with don't know where I've been over the summer, so no I won't be sporting my t shirt down the union. Might come as a bit of a shock, but not all stabs are walts.
Bite any harder and you will dislocate your jaw!

Why not try calling 3 para PRI? They ar ebound to have them for sale.
 
#11
So that's the definition of a walt then is it? Someone who doesn't know where to get the gucci t shirts from? Not being funny, but last time you were getting the rounds down did you stop to ask where your mucker got his boots from? There's not too many shops in Sangin... For fks sake, get a grip, it's only a t shirt - I'd take the stick if you were actually the same capbadge...
 
#12
The_Duke said:
galza7808 said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Join up and earn one - muppet!
Well, since I'm the one with the maroon lid I'd say I've already joined up, and since I'm the 1 who spent the summer in Helmand I'd say I've earned the right - wouldn't you, muppet? Or are you going to tell me coz I'm 'only' 4 para that I'm not entitled to wear my wings/reg lid/reg t shirt (although I'm perfectly entitled to spend the summer watching rpgs fly past my sangar)???
If you know where I can buy the t shirt leave a post, if not then don't. Funnily enough, most of the students I spend my time with don't know where I've been over the summer, so no I won't be sporting my t shirt down the union. Might come as a bit of a shock, but not all stabs are walts.
Bite any harder and you will dislocate your jaw!

Lack of airbourne initative on someones part..... unless he was a mong and they won't sell him one.... makes you think perhaps he is - Muppet Mong!
Why not try calling 3 para PRI? They ar ebound to have them for sale.
 
#13
galza7808 said:
So that's the definition of a walt then is it? Someone who doesn't know where to get the gucci t shirts from? Not being funny, but last time you were getting the rounds down did you stop to ask where your mucker got his boots from? There's not too many shops in Sangin... For fks sake, get a grip, it's only a t shirt - I'd take the stick if you were actually the same capbadge...
Soz, I belong to a regt who's officers don't have sex changes - he's 4 Para too! It's not you is it? Mincing Muppet Mong!
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#17
galza7808 said:
pri dont have em for sale either, only saw 1 bloke wearing it in the whole bn, HENCE THE POST...
Right then Trigger - the PRI do not sell them, so it is probable that they were one offs made for the Pl. If you were in that Pl, you would have one by now. You were not, therefore you don't.

Why would you want to buy a Pl T Shirt for a Pl you were not in? If it is the quote you like, phone someone in 3 Para that you served with, ask them to get the details and then get the T Shirts made up yourself.

As your only other post is about the commissioning process, I would also suggest you start looking for thicker skin, a better sense of humour and drop the sacks of spuds on the shoulders.
 
#18
fair 1, bit of a "3 para mortars rent boy" air to it... I personally think he looks pretty fetching in the lippy and dress, wouldn't say no. thought he was 2 para anyway?
 
#19
galza7808 said:
fair 1, bit of a "3 para mortars rent boy" air to it... I personally think he looks pretty fetching in the lippy and dress, wouldn't say no. thought he was 2 para anyway?
The Mail say he was in the Stan with a group from 4 Para - but the mail are lying scum so hay ho!
 
#20
The_Duke said:
galza7808 said:
pri dont have em for sale either, only saw 1 bloke wearing it in the whole bn, HENCE THE POST...
Right then Trigger - the PRI do not sell them, so it is probable that they were one offs made for the Pl. If you were in that Pl, you would have one by now. You were not, therefore you don't.

Why would you want to buy a Pl T Shirt for a Pl you were not in? If it is the quote you like, phone someone in 3 Para that you served with, ask them to get the details and then get the T Shirts made up yourself.

As your only other post is about the commissioning process, I would also suggest you start looking for thicker skin, a better sense of humour and drop the sacks of spuds on the shoulders.
cant argue with that, point taken. cheers but no joy, it wasnt a pl t shirt and ive already been in touch with a few of the boys. thought it was a 1 para thing to be honest so was hoping to get hold of details via this. as for the latest cross dressing member of the reg...
http://news.scotsman.com/columnists.cfm?id=515752003
looks like he was beaten to it! "maddy" instead of daddy???
 

Similar threads

Top