PARA PRAC

Dp1679

Crow
Anyone got anymore info on the PARAS prac course? I have selection centre in a couple of weeks and have been told by one careers advisor that prac is straight after but so far have been given very limited information as to what the course entails. Anyone recently done it and able to give any info ?

As you're probably aware and I hope you are, the army fitness tests have changed...

Not too sure how its effected PRAC but the "old" course entailed :

15 sit-ups on a bench angled at 45 degrees.
10 dips on the parallel bar.
10 underarm heaves to the bar.
5 Mile Run
3 miles squadded
1 & half miles in best time
Steeplechase Course
2 circuits in no more than 12 minutes

Go back to the AFCO and ask for more advice and guidance and if you really want to ask them to elaborate or possibly direct you to some links or pamphlets . Don't ask don't get mate.

Dp1679

Crow
As you're probably aware and I hope you are, the army fitness tests have changed...

Not too sure how its effected PRAC but the "old" course entailed :

15 sit-ups on a bench angled at 45 degrees.
10 dips on the parallel bar.
10 underarm heaves to the bar.
5 Mile Run
3 miles squadded
1 & half miles in best time
Steeplechase Course
2 circuits in no more than 12 minutes

Go back to the AFCO and ask for more advice and guidance and if you really want to ask them to elaborate or possibly direct you to some links or pamphlets . Don't ask don't get mate.
Thanks for the reply and yeah I have chased it up with them at the office and even they are unsure if the info they have given me is up to date so was just wondering if there’s anyone who’s done the course recently. Either way I’ll just make sure my phys is of the best standard it can be.

Cheers

ugly

LE
Thanks for the reply and yeah I have chased it up with them at the office and even they are unsure if the info they have given me is up to date so was just wondering if there’s anyone who’s done the course recently. Either way I’ll just make sure my phys is of the best standard it can be.

Cheers
The thing to do if you cant get the up to date info is get fit enough to smash the tests and use the old ones as a benchmark!
Even if you think you are fit enough you will be surprised!

amnesia

Old-Salt
Anyone got anymore info on the PARAS prac course? I have selection centre in a couple of weeks and have been told by one careers advisor that prac is straight after but so far have been given very limited information as to what the course entails. Anyone recently done it and able to give any info ?
PRAC is run a couple of times a month and you dont have to attend it straight away, you can give it a month or two to work on your fitnes - when you attend is your choice.

Before you attend you will receive a set of Joining Instructions that will detail what will happen when you are there.

I dont have the JIs with me, but from memory the physical challenges are:

1.5 mile run (this may have change to 1.2 in line with AC)
4 mile run @ 8m 30/9m pace
Steeplechase
2 minutes of press ups
2 minutes of push ups

They wont tell you how many push ups & sit ups you need to do to achieve the target - from memory it is 50 of each, but Im happy to be corrected if this is wrong.

In addition to the physical stuff you will also learn about the CIC, learn about the regiment and it’s history, learn about personal admin, do some block jobs and learn some basic weapons handling.

Last edited:
Dp1679- I’m about the do prac next month. How did it go ? Did you do press ups , sit ups and heaves.

I have my PRAC next month and have be sent sent through the agenda for the course and what you will do and need to take.

In terms of fitness reqs it says:

Steeplechase
4 mile familiarisation run @ 9mp pace (this is off-road)
1.5 miles best effort run
2 mins push ups
2 mins sit ups

Mac89

Crow
Dp1679- I’m about the do prac next month. How did it go ? Did you do press ups , sit ups and heaves.
Hi

How did PRAC go? I have mine next month and was just looking to hear about someone's experience.

Cheers

Latest Threads