Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Para POC

Quoting future_rupert: "Are you sure you did the regular P Coy? We were offered the chance to do P Coy at our UOTC, but it is really only TA P Coy or just the Test weekend. Plus jumping out of planes isn't to happen until 2011."

Yes, I did regular P Coy as I am not UOTC, but an officer in TA. They were willing to accept me based on a recommendation from my OC, who is Regular. Moreover, I am already loaded on the jumps course, so am not sure where your information is coming from.

I was under the impression that being TA you would have done the TA P Coy. As far as the jumping is concerned one of the chaps running P Coy said that the chance that anyone but regs would get to do jumps was slim due to operational use and overstretch of C 130, and then there were those MoD people talking quite seriously about cutting the parachute training until 2011.

future_rupert said:
I was under the impression that being TA you would have done the TA P Coy. As far as the jumping is concerned one of the chaps running P Coy said that the chance that anyone but regs would get to do jumps was slim due to operational use and overstretch of C 130, and then there were those MoD people talking quite seriously about cutting the parachute training until 2011.[/quote]

I personally think you read that in the papers, there is another thread on this however I can assure you there is still BPC's being run.

jmherrng said:
Im not sure you will get a sponsorship without doing POC as completing P Company has no bearing on your potential as an officer.
That doesn't mean you can't put them down as your first choice regiment once you get to choose your options at RMAS. It would put you in good stead if you do go on POC and put in a good performance though as there is heavy competition for limited places.

JMH is right. There are 650 men in each para battalion who have passed P Company and passed BPC. If you think you are going to command any of them, you need to convince RHQ PARA that you have the potential to be an officer in their regiment.