PARA PAY

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by AWOL_and_loving_it!, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Appologies if this has been covered before which I'm sure it has, but couldn't be arsed trawling through 4 years of posts as you can imagine. But I was wondering what the take home monthly pay was for Para Pay, or what the daily rate is?

2. £157:17 a month

3. Even if you pass All Arms P Coy your not guaranteed to get it as it depends on your specific slot.............half the trained lads in my unit dont get it as not in a slot, I was a HAT in the only Para slot in the section (SNCO). JPA is a funny old thing.

Hopefully not another one of your wind ups AWOL :wink:

4. Chers for that guys.
    No not at all IRON, I'm very sensible these days. I've got a Para slot coming up but should be getting my jumps course in just before I get there which will save me, and my receiving unit a load of arsing about.

5. Why exactly do you recieve para pay?

6. Spend the 6 and a half weeks doing the beat up and P company, not to mention your own training in the months leading up to it and you'll understand.
    But its a qualification Goose (when you've done the jumps I mean), you also get extra pay for the Diver qualification or even getting your class one.

7. So it is really a one time course qual that gets you pay, and you have to how many jumps ayear to keep getting it?

8. I'm not sure about that one. I'm just concentrating on getting my first course done.

9. You have to remain current each year and the admin staff require your jumps card for the JPA log, same as receipts.

10. You also have to do the looking Ally course and ensure your side burns never go above the bottom of your ears. Im sure that my Para trained lads have to do at least a day and night jump either every six months or twelve months but Sandy would probably know better.

Ps.nearly forgot that you have to be involved in at least one naked bar a month aswell or your card doesnt get stamped.

11. It's changed slightly or in the process of changing to a 2 year period due the lack of Aircraft!! No money in the system?...I won't hear it!

12. And must you have a set of Para wings tattooed on your shoulder/

I HAVE A HAT

13. No - it's your left tit, isn't it, as per Pte Golden? :clap:

I have a Hat too.

14. That boy is damaged goods!

My hat is quite small.