para or commando

hi going to join the army in about 8 weeks. but dont know who are the best.

is it the paras.

or commandos.
please help me thanks.

I think we might know your little brother.....

Best at what? Tying shoe-laces?

7.62mm said:
no the best all round and who gets noticed.
So, NOT the best at camouflage, then.

You MUST be the elder brother - you're bigger than him.

To join as a commando you have to join the Royal Marines. The army do it later. Can join army as a para though. Commando is by far the best (i'm in for it now) but not if you dont want to spend your time on exercise in the snow in norway.

so if i join the army. i will be a para but will have to tranfer to the navy to be a commando. so at the end of the day who is the best an what one should i go for.

sprjim said:
To join as a commando you have to join the Royal Marines. The army do it later. Can join army as a para though. Commando is by far the best (i'm in for it now) but not if you dont want to spend your time on exercise in the snow in norway.
To clarify, Commandos are Royal Marines, not Army. The Army does have Commando units, but you have to become a soldier first, then do additional training.

7.62mm said:
So if I join the army I will be a para but will have to transfer to the navy to become a commando? So at the end of the day who is the best, and what one should I go for?
Forgive my asking. But you said you were joining in eight weeks. So are you full of sh*t?

OK. Who's running the book on the identity of the wind-up merchant behind this one?

To clarify, Commandos are Royal Marines, not Army. The Army does have Commando units, but you have to become a soldier first, then do additional training.
But army commandos are still commandos. To be a recruit as a commando though, its RM. If you join the army you have to do the all arms commando course later. Join the Royal Engineers. We need commandos.

Death_Rowums said:
7.62mm said:
So if I join the army I will be a para but will have to transfer to the navy to become a commando? So at the end of the day who is the best, and what one should I go for?
Forgive my asking. But you said you were joining in eight weeks. So are you full of sh*t?
no they have asked me what do i want to do.

Now, now D_R. He probably means that he intends to apply to join the Army in 8 weeks. Doesn't appreciate that it isn't an instant membership.

Sorry, if you were joining in eight weeks you'd know where you were going. Nice try though!

putteesinmyhands said:
Now, now D_R. He probably means that he intends to apply to join the Army in 8 weeks. Doesn't appreciate that it isn't an instant membership.
Alright Puttee I'll take it back. But only for you :wink:

sprjim said:
But army commandos are still commandos. To be a recruit as a commando though, its RM. If you join the army you have to do the all arms commando course later. Join the Royal Engineers. We need commandos.
I know this, I was trying to keep it simple.....and failing.

Latest Threads