para maths

Does anyone know what kind of results u need to get for the basic maths and english assessments (for the Paras) on the website it just says u need above average, would the recruiters be Lenient say if u got level 1 for maths and level 2 for english or is it compulsory that u get level 2 on both tests. sorry to change the subject but i really need to know the Answer! thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Forastero said:
Crap deleted.
I didn't say a word.

However, ROSCTE and Basic Skills should help.

If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me. I'm not that bad really.

The grades run Entry level 1,2,3 then Level 1,2,3. you only need entry level 2 for Para

A basic literacy test run on a computer, and also a numercay one run in the same way, it is as it say's "Basic" and is something that anyone that has attended at least primary school should be able to pass :D

There is nothing to worry about with it, and in fact its an assessment, however there is a minimum level which must be achieved and that is Entry level 1 for Infantry and Entry level 2 for all other.

Again that does not suggest anything about the level of IQ or academic strength of an application as all recruits are supposed to be brought up to Level 1 standard by the time they reach their working unit.

partymarty1987 said:
lol i got Level 2 for Maths and 1 for Literacy and passed for Para Regt. If you no your Plus's and Minuses your good to go i reckon
How long ago did you take your basic maths and English assessments because the pass mark might have changed, I thought you had to achieve level two on both maths and English to get into the parachute regiment fu*kin hope not, I’m alright at English (level 2) but sh*t at maths (level 1) do you think the recruiters at AFCO will be lenient :?
:D

butters said:
if a guy from the gambia who's first pair of boots is the ones issued to him can do it then im sure you should be alright pal
Don't be too sure; during my recent experience of Phase 2 training it was the Commonwealth soldiers who were far better educated than those who were educated in the UK, Scotland and Northern Ireland excepted.

Litotes

I thought Para counting went something like '1000,2000 then check canopy!'

Apparently (level 1 is D – G at GCSE) and (level 2 is A* - C at GCSE) does this apply for the basic maths and English assessments you have to take?! :? :cry: