PARA insight weekend

Had a right laugh when i went before but you will be working hard as well!!!

Not going to say too much, you dont want to spoil the suprise now do ya?!! The weekend broke down like this:

Friday - kit issue and bleep test

Saturday - 1.5 mile run, strength tests, a few lessons in the classroom, assault course.

Sunday - :D well youll love it anyway!!

no im still in the application process, its taking fcukin ages!! you wont need any kit just take 2 or 3 sets of trackies/shorts etc. and running shoes. might be an idea to practice the icebreaker a bit before you go , i didnt know we were going to do it until we got there and you feel a right cnut if you dont know what to say :)

yeah icebreaker was who you are, age, family, hometown, hobbies / interests, why you want to join the paras, ermmm cant think of anything else but it has to last 2/3 minutes.

i done an insight early this year cant remember what month lol .
but ive booked another one 14th-16th november
ahhh the log run good fun i had a lil tumble on my one and nearly went down a hilll lool :D

nice one lads youve all spoilt the suprise :evil:

seriously though log race was good but also REALLY 5hit!!! i threw up after wed finished.

.."STANDBY....GO!!!"

Lewis said:
fellez08 said:
Log run

also its probly the easyest thing here
:|
Are you takeing the urine?
The Insight weekend is good mate you make good freinds and have a right laugh.
Cheers mate, im looking forward to it wether its hard or not, end of the day its going to be nothing compared to the actual para training. been doing some reserch into it and looks like im letting myself in for a hard time but thats what i want, the sgt at my local AFCO is trying to push me towards our local regiment, anglian poachers, but i fancy a challenge and if i do manage to get through P COY you can bet my sweet ass im putting my name down for the good old SAS after my three years. Which reminds me, if i were to make it into 3 para or 2 para and went for SAS training, if i failed would i be RTUed back to the paras?

azahpm said:
Lewis said:
fellez08 said:
Log run

Cheers mate, im looking forward to it wether its hard or not, end of the day its going to be nothing compared to the actual para training. been doing some reserch into it and looks like im letting myself in for a hard time but thats what i want, the sgt at my local AFCO is trying to push me towards our local regiment, anglian poachers, but i fancy a challenge and if i do manage to get through P COY you can bet my sweet ass im putting my name down for the good old SAS after my three years. Which reminds me, if i were to make it into 3 para or 2 para and went for SAS training, if i failed would i be RTUed back to the paras?
Yes, you always get RTU to parent unit

Gungythree said:
azahpm said:
Lewis said:
fellez08 said:
Log run

Yes, you always get RTU to parent unit

Cheers mate! cant wait for that insight weekend!

azahpm said:
Lewis said:
fellez08 said:
Log run

You do more on the Sat than you do on selection apprently.Good luck to you anyway.

azahpm said:
Lewis said:
fellez08 said:
Log run

to be honest pal id keep quiet about joining the sas until you actually do!!

My pal did a weekend familiarization with 9 squadron when he was a student. He was in some feckin state when he came back, and decided the standard RE was a better idea.

Gungythree said:
azahpm said:
true, probs wont make it that far to be honest :(
Dont be negative,go for it, :wink:

Well i dont really want to be negative but i know its hard work, im gonna give it my best anyway, i think im just being apprehensive because ive still got a long way to go. i havent even started the application process yet, ive got to wait till november 2nd because ill be honest, i didnt get off to the best sart in life, got in trouble with the law and ended up going to prison for six months, the sgt at the AFCO said that there shouldnt be a problem with me getting in as my convictions arent to bad but ive got to wait for my licence to finish before i can apply. ive left that side of me behind now and im hoping i can redeem myself with a long and prospherous career in the army. my parents are pushing me to go for a trade which mabe i should heed their advice because i havent really got any qualifications such as NVQ's and the like so im stuck in dead end jobs butn a career as an infanteer is extemely appealing to me. the sgt at my AFCO is pushing me towards the local regiment but like ive said before i fancy a challenge and can think of no better than the paras for what im after, just hope i dont fall flat on my face. thanks for the advice and encouragement though everyone. im gonna give it my best. :D