Para Insight Course

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by francis666, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright Chaps,

I've got a Para Insight Course coming up, but I'm a little confused. Is this a general insight into the Paras-squaddies and officers a like, or, as I'm looking to join as an officer, have I been booked onto the wrong course? I only ask as I've seen others on the site who are attending similar courses, write 'officer' into the title of the course name.

Many thanks
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Insight course for soldiers, Potential Officers Course (POC) for, erm, potential officers.
  3. Look here sonny jim,

They recommend you do an Insight Course before the POC. All I am asking is if there are two types of Insight Courses, one for squaddies and one for officers, or if it is just one general one.
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

:D Enjoy yourself, Francis.
  5. Many thanks duke
  6. I just booked straight on a POC (end of November) without any mention of Insight Course first.

The programme looks quite fun and interesting too. But hard :)
  7. I'm going on the insight course this weekend but I am a potential officer, my letter stated that going on an insight course before the POC was highly recommended.
  8. easy on the breafast, log race should make you see it again :)
  9. If your going on the Insight Course this week-end in Colchester they have their Military Festival on Abbey Fields. So your probaly see The Red Devils dropping in sometime in the afternoon and a lot of choppers buzzing around
  10. I'm on the POC course coming up in early December. Anyone going to be there then? Also, what the hell is a log race?
  11. "What the hell is a log race" Oh Dear

POC your fit in just fine.

This is a quote from another one who asked.

Following morning up at around 0530 loaded onto a mini bus and driven to a cleared track for the log race. It was so dark we had to wait a bit for some sunlight.. Split into three teams your shown how to properly hold the log, and then made to lie on your belly in the grass for the start signal...GO! Picking up the log you think to yourself this isnt so heavy and you set off..And its not..for the first 10 seconds! After this its pure pain of burning lungs and aching thighs, just do your best to hold on and keep pushing forwards, the feeling once you get to the end is amazing.
  12. Yes me :)

Log race is nails.
  13. ahh, that's it. Taita, maybe I'll see you there, I'll be the one saying the log is too heavy, making you carry my share of the burden and then collapsing in a fit of nerves. So pop over and say hi.