Para gives £230k to charity

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Deleted because I'm clearly too fcuking stupid to own a PC!

2. What a legend.

I had the pleasure of meeting a friend of Ben's family and a former school colleague of his.

The papers don't exaggerate a word they say about him!

3. Good drills that man.

4. LINK

Well done Ben you are an amazing person and inspiration to everyone Keep up the great work

5. Top Man! he's an absolute star!

6. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Good drills to say the least.

Anyone know how to nominate someone for a public honour like an OBE? (I dont mean paying for it like a Labour acolyte)...This man deserves it. If anyone could give the info I would be happy to get it rolling. I'm sure there would be plenty of support.

7. Indeed there would, he'd get my vote!

And absolute inspiration to anyone, but especially to young lads/lasses looking at joining up - this Is what a real hero looks like.

8. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Thanks dontbebeef.

I will get to it asap.

I dont consider this to be a spur of the moment Remembrance Day emotive request for an honour. Ben Parkinson has to live with his injuries long after this November. If this gentleman knows that there are those who appreciate his service and his generosity then I hope it gives him some small comfort.

9. Truly a credit to the human race i may be a bit biased as hes from my ex regt but a true example to us all, sod an mbe give him a knighthood.

10. I totally agree, he's an incredible human being and well done the the Daily Mail and its readers. With city bosses in line for huge bonuses despite being bailed out with taxpayers cash this man has proven to me that their are still some selfless, brave and honourable people out there.

11. A truly magnificent gesture from a splendid young man. Well done.

One can only look on in awe.

12. I was in the WMIK behind Ben when he drove over the mine, he seemed to be an all round good egg when I met him in the 'Stan' and this just shows what an inspiration man he really is. I am humbled to have met him in action. You sir, are a legend!

13. What a brave, selfless man, it humbles you to see things like that...