Para EOD entry requirements?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Iso, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iso

Iso Swinger

Heya mates, Can anybody give me an idea of the basic criteria I need to meet at ADSC in order to be eligible for the Para eod course i.e Mile run time, Number of push ups, sit ups, and team tasks. cheers
  2. Long time since a was a recruiter and instructor at the depot but i would have thought that you would have to make the "career" choice first, ie: join RE in that specific trade, join a unit and apply for P Company, very unusual if you could do it the other way round, ie: Infantry to RE. As for the fitness side train yourself as if you are going Para, details are all available on line, good luck whichever way you
  3. Go and revisit your information. No such trade as Para EOD.

You could be a para regt and apply for the Defence EOD Operators Course when you are a Sgt (on average after 10 years service).

Join RE as EOD trade, complete P-Coy, if they let you, complete DEOC at Sgt (probably 10 years again).

Join RLC as AT, complete DEOC at Sgt (4 years average), apply for A-Troop, complete jumps and wear wings (no requirement to complete P-Coy). Operational parachuting, assault IEDD and training and support to SF and Police TFUs.

Don't bother with the last one though, you come across as a glory hunting, kudos chasing knobber, besides you're probably too thick for AT.
  4. Harsh but fair! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.