Para death 13 years ago in police custody

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chucklingchimp, Nov 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

2. What I don't understand is why the family buried the body of a woman and didn't notice and why the womans family didn't bury her shortly after she died.
  3. I posted this earlier on the other thread which I started:-

Unbelievable story you couldn't make it up. How can a body be released believed to be your Son from a mortuary and then buried by the family. Ten years later per chance it turns up only because someone decides to remove the body of a person who they believe is in the fridge. From reports it appears that this second person has remained in the fridge for ten years.

'in a statement issued by the council, it said the body of a man in his late thirties was located in the city mortuary where Ms Kamara's body was supposed to be resting.
    The council said at the moment it "cannot explain this".'

What a fcuk up of monumental proportion. Bodies are normally booked into the mortuary, the information is recorded in a book and allocated a fridge number. The persons name is recorded on the door and a wristband with name and dob is affixed to the wrist. (labels tied to the toe is TV stuff in the UK anyway)

It is very hard to see how this has happened and I feel very sad for the families. If this was my Son I would be devastated.

Full story here:-

'Buried Man' Found In Morgue Mix-Up: Christopher Alder In Hull City Council Mix-Up With Grace Kamara | UK News | Sky News
  4. A complete **** up
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You would of thought that the morturary would notice that they had a body in the fridge for ten years and would ``look into it`` and ``get shot`` or at least ask the question why hasent anybody claimed the body?Its bad enough what happened to Christopher Alder in police custody,this just makes it a complete piss take.

I`m a bit suprised thou that the relations of Christopher Alder did not notice the **** up previously.
  6. Or a least have the nouse to question,why is there a body ten years old in the fridge that has not been claimed?
  7. There must have been mistakes with the paperwork, as well. Possibly no members of his family wanted to look at his face or body in the coffin.
  8. Laughably inept.

Pretty disgraceful really. Will open wounds up again in the lad's family.
  9. Someone should have had to identify him. Surly also the undertakers would have noticed that on the paperwork it said male and on the body there were tits.
  10. An 'informed' medical professional on Radio 4 this morning mentioned that the next step will be a bit of midnight digging to see who they buried all those years ago.

Why do they always do these things at night? Bit like Burke and Hare!!