Para Berets

this isn't intended as a cheeky comment but is there any reason why para berets are moulded completely different from most other berets.

tank_6275 said:
this isn't intended as a cheeky comment but is there any reason why para berets are moulded completely different from most other berets.

Because their heads are shaped like penis's?

What a daft question.

I was told that it was because of brass plate inside the beret that holds on their capbadge (scratches the forehead you see), I was also told from some old and bold that it was shaped in manner as to keep the sun out of your eyes (from Aden apparently).

Or it could be just field fashion. You choose.

So we dont look like hats

pupgreen said:
or maybe its for posing
Posing as what? Elite infantry? Posing my arrse!

How do you pose with a pasty on your head?

tank_6275 said:
Cos it looks ally as fcuk!
Look around...it's not just Para reg that shape em like that any more!

are they going to change the colour to khaki like all the other infantry now they dont ,,jump,, no more.

minister_doh_nut said:
How do you pose with a pasty on your head?

Well the Royal Irish manage to do so with a 'Caubeen' which is gaelic for 'sleeping bag'

The Lord Flasheart said:
Mover said:
Esprit de Corps
Surely the colour of the beret, cap badge, history and all the other stuff a unit has enables Esprit de Corps?
Yep, they all add to that, plus I'd add tradition and national heritage - but that's not what he asked.

Fallschirmjager said:
pupgreen said:
are they going to change the colour to khaki like all the other infantry now they dont ,,jump,, no more.
We still parachute you silly fucking retard.
I take it that was a bite....

I heard they were changing the name of 16 Air Assualt Brig to 16 Asphalt Assault Brig :twisted: