Para Basic Training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by V328, Nov 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

After searching these very colourful pages for some time I thought I should post my first Q.

I have previously served in the Army and now its time for me to re-enlist.

As you may have guessed by the topic title I am going Para, no not 49 Para I might add!!

Now I have asked endless questions to peolple who are 'in' but generally get the answer "You'll find out when you get there mate."

I have also searched online a great deal and know what is expected of me but I am still wondering, What is the training actually like?

If anyone has done the full basic training or P Company could they enlighten me a little further?

I am currently running the 1.5 miles in around the 9 min mark and running cross country 3 maybe 4 times a week.

I would greatly appreciate any info.

Cheers guys.
  2. Cheers for that, really good info.

Is there any tips I should know or is it going to be a case of 'Mouth shut ears open'?

Thanks again.
  3. give 110% effort

dont give the DS grief - but dont be the grey man
  4. Dont be the grey man?

Dare I ask why not?
  5. There is nothing wrong with being the 'grey man' in training. It should read 'don't be the one who gets noticed for being a fcukwit all the time'. As long as you're fit, determined and turn out to be a half decent soldier then as long as you don't pick up an injury, you'll get through. Simple as!
  6. Nice one, I dont intend to start being fcukwit now.

Will the fact that Im a 're-enlistee' draw any attention to me?

Now by saying I dont mean I will be Jack and look after myself all the time, I will obviosuly help and support anyone who may need it.

Just wondered if I would be expected to perform any better than someone fresh into the Army.

Thanks again guys. :D
  7. How long were you in before??
  8. how is it possible to give 110% surely 100% is max? and if you aren't giving 100% then you are obviously not trying hard enough.

Dont get sh!t like this on the RM Course, but then again we are trained to think on our feet and use our iniative.

Head down await incoming
  9. How is it possible that you understand the complex theories behind percentages and 3 digit numbers, yet you've not yet mastered capital letters, full stops or spelling? :p
  10. Just over 3 years. Not a long haul I know but made a fundamental mistake of leaving.
  11. What unit were you with before, how come you left, just out of curiousity??
  12. REME, awaiting flak.

I left, stupidly and I'm not very proud, because of my girlfriend at the time.

Been out a couple of years now and I've tried everything but the Army is where I want to be and ideally a Para.
  13. No incoming. You're obviously just a c0ck.
  14. You should look forward to the Brize phase. That'll be a breeze compared to what you've just been through. In my day it was 4 weeks training, however, sad to report that guys have been known to wait 4 months before 'qualifying' for their wings.

Best of luck to you and I hope the weather and aircraft availability are on your side.