Para badge

Can anybody shed some light as to what the badge on this fellas right hand breast represents. I have seen a few paras wearing them, or the metal version, but can't find what they are for...

Fallschirmjager said:
American Parachutist wings.
Correct!,

You'll find that a lot of blokes have two or even more sets of wings.
The common ones are American, German, Canadian & French. Only one extra set is allowed to be worn at any one time.

I know of at least one member of the Parachute Regiment, that had Russian wings.
There are also a few with eastern european wings.

zulu-uhlu said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Correct!,

The common ones are American, German, Canadian & French. Only one extra set is allowed to be worn at any one time.

I know of at least one member of the Parachute Regiment, that had Russian wings.
He should get show-parade,wings on wrong side,Yanks left,Frogd right

feckin 1Para :D :D

Gungythree said:
zulu-uhlu said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Correct!,

He should get show-parade,wings on wrong side,Yanks left,Frogd right

feckin 1Para :D :D
No Gungy!,

The Yanks wear theirs on the left breast.
British Airborne wear all foreign wings on the right breast. Dress Regs!

Ah but Gungy.......Has he found the elusive coffee stall ha ha

still21inmymind said:
US Para Jump qualification
US Para Jump BASIC qualification. The design gets more exotic and the colour changes as the number of descents and other influences such as 'Jumpmaster' status occurs :D

jack-daniels said:
I wore my German ones in Arnhem once....didn't go down to well and were soon removed!
He he!

Alright to be worn in Aachen, guaranteed to get your end away :D
but in Arnhem..........you're lucky that your dangly bits are not hanging above the bar in the Schoonoord! 8O

Nothing like PERSEC, is there...

Don't suppose the mods would consider blacking out the poor unfortunates mush?

There's a war on, don't you know old boy.

No Wah!

Given the need to do P Coy etc. for the maroon beret, do UK airbourne troops have to do a similar and special course for foreign para wings or do they just jump out of their aircraft?

Suddick said:
No Wah!

Given the need to do P Coy etc. for the maroon beret, do UK airbourne troops have to do a similar and special course for foreign para wings or do they just jump out of their aircraft?
Texel, Holland - Dutch wings can be worn on uniform.

BigMac:
Nothing like PERSEC, is there...

Don't suppose the mods would consider blacking out the poor unfortunates mush?

There's a war on, don't you know old boy.

Tell me you're not serious?

Actually he's got a point guys. Bearing in mind the lad is 1 Para, SF support group and the MOD do tend to get a bit twitchy over that sort of thing, maybe it would have been a good idea to 'ally' him up with the old black rectangle.

He can't really be 1 Para, that beret is no where near ally enough for the Thomas Cook Battalion................ The cap badge is usually over the left ear!!!!!!!!!