Paperboys

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Nov 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive just been to the newsagents to pick up my £10 for three numbers and brekkie for the tribe.

While I was there a paperboy was packing up his bag prior to starting his deliveries. I had bought the usual fistfull of sunday papers, all full of bloody supplements and gizzits.

I recalled my days as a paperboy and thought, thank fcuk it wasn't like that back then.... I even recalled the letterbox at 27 Highgate, it was tighter than a nuns cnut and there is no way on earth you'd get the Mail on sunday and supporting dross through it.

As I queued I reminisced about walking through peoples front gardens in the summer and getting a gob full of Spiders webs and wiping bogeys on the caps of milk bottles.

My biggest shock was when the haggard old witch, stinking of fags and last nights Chinky handed him his wage packet...... £50 ...fifty fcuking quid!!!!!!!!

I nearly dropped dead... I used to get £5.50 and by the time I got it it was about £3.50 as I'd subbed into it to buy sticky bars, stickers and crisps not to mention the Donkey Kong game by the door.

No excuse for doley scumbags, go and do eight paper rounds.... £400 a week.

The peperboy got a double whammy, I lifted him gently on to the bonnet of my car, parted his smooth legs and licked his walnut :D

2. £50 for a paper round? I got a tenner for the week (monday - saturday) and a tenner for doing all three rounds on sundays (three paperboys in the week, just me on sundays)and that was only 7 years ago. I knew those bastards were ripping me off.

Kept me in White Lightning and Speccy Red mind.

3. 14/- a week in my day & Thursday was worst - TV Times & Radio Times on the same day.
    Kept me in cigs & fishing tackle though.

4. We got nowt. We didn't need a paper boy. Every bugger knew each others business.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

£50 8O . Is part of the job description to shag all the mingers and gippers on his round?

6. Whilst staying with the 'rents last Christmas-time, I was gobsmacked to witness their paperboy being chauffered around in his mummy's Volvo! What the fcuk? Lazy little barsteward!

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Newspapers had not been invented then. :? You just read the cave paintings! :lol:

8. F*ck off Porridge Wog.

9. Ahhh...Yes the humble paper round.

It builds character, stamina and a healthy respect for German Shepherds.

10. 55p a week in 1973 for an evening paperound

11. 1980, £4 a week, seven days a week, morning and nights, 52 houses.

12. £1 a day in 1980 doing milk round, seven days a week up at 4!

13. We had an entrepreneurs paper round. Down to the shop before the owner arrived, nick the papers and straight down the wharves to sell them cheap to the wharfies. Fcuk the newsagent, long live capitalism!

14. I see your all happy to admit to being paper boys yet none of you admit to licking a paper boys date, or having your dates licked whilst on paper rounds..

fcuking prudes

15. Does that not set off alarm bells in your head, MDN? The sort of thing that starts the little voices, saying "D'oh!" :lol:

Ghost