Papal Condoms merged thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky are just reporting that a letter was sent to the Vatican by the FO asking the Pope would , bless a gay wedding, open an abortion clinic, and launc Benadict brand condoms, Milliband has gone Apeshite
  2. Surely the FO can't be that thick? These are all on the list of Big No-Nos that you never, ever ask the Pope. :omg: :? Not unless you're itching to get excommunicated or something. :lol:
  3. Honist, I kid you not I nearly peed myself laughing, I bet the fool that sent it is in Afghanistan for the rest of his life
  4. Either a prank from a third party, or a disgruntled/terminally stupid low-level employee. What's the outrage?

EDIT: The full story's hilarious!

5. It appears to be an internal memo that was circulated within the FO and leaked to the Telegraph.

The worrying thing is that it appears to be a serious document rather than some sort of joke gone wrong. Output from a 'brain storming' session apparently.

Don't worry though, the official responsible has been transferred to other duties. If the same official had suggested Obama should attend a BNP rally on his last visit, he'd have been lucky not to have been prosecuted.
  6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I bet Tony 'Jesus Christ our Lord Incarnate' Blair has been giving his stooge Bruin a good verbal shoeing over this. I would have said Milliband, but we all know that cnut is inept.

Tone can't have Pappa Nazi being dissed now that he's revealed his true calling now can he?
  7. Fcuk the Pope if he can't take a joke. :twisted:
  8. Seems like a perfect opportunity for Il Papa to get with the times and show that the Vatican does have a progressive outlook to life. He should take up on some of these quite reasonable ideas and watch the masses flock to him. I for one would pay to see a concert of him and Brenda.
  9. "I bet the fool that sent it is in Afghanistan for the rest of his life"

Disgusting should be sacked unemployed and finished.

Mind you best laugh I've had for ages.
  10. What,no mention of visiting a children's home?
  11. Benedict brand condoms :D
  12. Now that would just be going to far!

On a serious note, just another instance of the UK bing made to look like fooking idiots by our own government
  13. Or that someone in the FO has an ARRSE sense of humour.
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It will probably turn out that the person doing this was just doing a few years in the FO before becoming a Member of Parliament :D