Papa Nazi at it again

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HarryPalmer, Feb 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wouldn't you know he'd have to piss off the Jews eventually.....

2. link
  3. Kuntz, all of them.
  4. The Jews?? :D
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

The Pope Didn't swear alligence to Hitler and the Nazi party, No he didn't, no really he didn't, no he.. ok maybe he did but he had to do it because everyone had to be in the Hitler youth and everyone had to be a party member but he only did it because everyone else did! So its ok because everyone else did it to..... Fcuk me whats that ahead ?oh a big steep hill and it looks very slippery!

And pope Pius XII Did not make a deal with the Nazis to protect the vatican from being cleaned out. Oh no he didn't.
  6. Don't forget his service as a teenage cloudpuncher.

In fairness to Pius: for most of 1944 when he was walking around the Vatican he was rubbing shoulders with escaped Allied POWs and Jews. Also, he gave orders for the Palatine Guard to be armed for the first time since 1870, causing several clashes with Nazis and their Italian allies.
  7. In the Pope's haste to ' reconcile' the ultra-conservative traditionalist splinter group to the 'mainstream' in a move to ' ecumenism ' [ i.e, everyone under one banner - the VaticanRC flag ] Benedict gave out the gold star to Bishop Williamson without slapping a gag order on him or getting an official - I misspoke before and don't hold to those ideas anymore ' declaration from him before lifting his ex-communication and welcoming him [ and the legion of fee-paying followers ] back into the fold.

No doubt some unnamed Vatican ' officials' will be falling on swords or whatever the ecclesiastical equivalent is... Get thee to a nunnery? withdrawing to a contemplative order/cloister? after all its all their fault for not dotting i's and crossing t's and getting a good conduct agreement signed in holy water, wasn't it?.. Not Benedict's fault.. he's Pope and we all know Popes are infallible.
  8. yer, he did a mega U turn the moment the Allies landed in Italy
  9. Not that big a change of position, really. Now he's pissing off the Jews; 60 years ago he wouldn't have pissed on them
  10. Williamson was excommunicated in the first place because he belonged to the 'Society of St Pius X' (SSPX).
    This lot represent the 'High Church' of the Roman Catholics and have been on the Vatican proscribed list for a long time.
    SSPX split with Pope Paul VI in the 70's because they saw him as way too liberal especially following Vatican II, in short they are uncompromising Christian fundamentalists and are very right wing and equally reactionary.
    Benedict knows exactly what SSPX represent and whilst Williamsons views should not come as too much of a surprise I am a bit dismayed that he let him back into Communion again.
    Benedict has made it known in the past that he would rather have a much smaller RC Church that obeyed RC dogma than a big one of disobedient people.
    So legitimising and inviting SSPX back could be an indication of Benedicts future plans for Catholicism.

I reckon Benedict has dropped a right fecking clanger here and his ancestry does'nt help one bit.

Never liked the bloke meself...................
  11. Yeah he's shite on the piss.
  12. Fecking boxheads....
    Put them in charge of anything and they kick off.

Every bloody time.

13. Come on...

...Are you telling me none of you had a good hand in poker and never let it go when you where beaten by a NIG with a lucky hand???

No matter who was right, or wrong, YOU WERE RIGHT, and it wasn't only luck that you ending up on a winning hand, in the end.

No no no, you were right, and after many hands later, you are the the one with all the chips.

So, the Pope, may have been a tadge on the nazi side, but, after playing his cards in a different game, he wins.

And... if you won, wouldn't you still say what you did was right???

Still, the popes a bit of a arse, isn't he?

14. Dunno why, but for some reason that struck me as very funny. :D