pap10 ???? medical discharge???? admin discharge due to med reasons???

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by Hollis's way, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all.

    Here goes, Ok so back in 2008 i was diagnosed with Crone's Disease after many trips to various hospitals and many tablets later that My Regiment transferred me to the PRU in Catterick back in 2012 where i am still attending.

    I applied for AFCS for my illness and i was awarded a war pension which i am currently receiving, the reason i get this is because i left the army back in 2004 and re-joined 2005 so the SPVA are giving me the war pension because of the break in service and have admitted that my illness was attributable to service.

    Yesterday i had to see the Occupational Health and had a medical grading review, which they said i will be p7 MND and i am to return to so form of work doing a few hours 3 days a week to ease me back into it. They then mentioned i would the be Administrative discharged due to medical reasons (KIck in the teeth )as i was led to believe i would be medically discharged (Benefits and pension).

    16yrs service (correct me if i am wrong) for nothing feel like i have been threw in the trash, All my career reports are excellent and i was well on my way through the ranks.

    Can someone explain what benefits and pension or lump sum i am due to receive if any.. i am not looking at figures just info.

    and plus the SPVA have said the service is to blame will this make any difference to med discharge or admin discharge pap10.

    I thank you all very much for the help you all give and hope someone can shed some light.
  2. How many different areas are you going to post this in?
  3. As many as it takes to get help Cheers.
  4. I suggest it's not a tactic you regularly employ.

    It will get you banned, which won't help you at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If you phone SPVA I am sure that they will help you and or have a chat at the PRU or even and yes it's hard to try using the search box.