pap 10 how does it work ??

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by lundmc, Jan 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 8 months ago i was downgraded to p7 MND temp after sustaining a non freezing cold injury on ex which prevented me deploying. 8 months later i discovered i had two ruptured ligaments in my ankle also an injury accured in service while in training, prior to non freezing cold injury. it was decided i needed surgery but for personel reasons could not commit to surgery.
    i had a med review which resulted in my downgrading further to p7 MND perm and the pap 10 RECU process was briefly mentioned by my doc. on the belief of a pending pap 10 i began to investigate .currently their has been a lot of confliction about who starts the process off, the medical centre are saying the ball can not start rolling until an appendix 26 is written by my unit which is sent off to ROHT and subsiquently a risk assessment is made, and my unit are saying no we need the medical centre to send us your docs before we can start anything etc. To me, neither one knows whats going on, and its a good job i started asking questions as clearly both were waiting for the other to start it off.

my question is on average (with a proactive) unit how long does it take for a pap 10 - what am i entitled to etc
    and any advice at all for my situation would be great

2. The process will vary, I'm currently going through it myself. Information in regards to how much you will get etc shouldn't be a worry as of yet, chase the paperwork, sit your board and await a final decision. If you use the search engine at the top you can find oodles of information you've just got to spend some time digging!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. The chain of command have to start the process. The pap10 is very well written, read it.