Panorama Tonight - The Teaching of LGBT in Schools

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think we can all agree that you are correct and still all agree that Islam's view is laughable bollocks.
A concept that eludes some of the more delicate "contributiors".

Last edited:

endure

GCM
I haven't seen **** done in the open. I saw a gimp tied to a tree in a park once, a cadaver of someone who stranglewanked himself, and a few of the local flashers, but never ****.

I haven't seen nuclear reactions done in the open but I still believe that they exist...

endure

GCM
Fook me, this thread has gone a few miles beyond where it was intended, LGBT relationships being taught in Primary schools in case anyone has forgotten. Nothing to do with Circumcision, Female Genital Mutilation, what is or what isn't a parent, or taking it up the shitter in a non or heterosexual relationship.

Above all don't start giving it large, it just isn't worth it....

Giving it large is always worth it... :boogie:

Same as when a black man calls another black a nigga, whether you like it or not it is an insult
Oh it can.
I was drinking with Tony Davala (he could trace his ancestors back to the 2nd black slave in the UK in modern times) with about 6 other blokes (all white) in the Snakepit, Hohne.
About 25 USA Army negros walked in and one went up to Tony and asked him why he was drinking with honkeys?
'F*** off n***er', was Tony's reply. They left.
Racism can go both ways and does.

scarbrough

War Hero
Why was my last marked as 'Dumb'? I made a very profound, succinct and penetrating observation, in my humble opinion.

Atheists have infant brains, waiting to be developed and nurtured by evangelists such as yours truly.

endure

GCM
Why was my last marked as 'Dumb'? I made a very profound, succinct and penetrating observation, in my humble opinion.

Atheists have infant brains, waiting to be developed and nurtured by evangelists such as yours truly.
Because someone (you can see who if you click on it) thought it was. Simples...

To you Homosexuality is something you are born with - religion is a choice
To many Muslims Muslim is what your born as and being gay is a choice Its their world view

Rights and wrongs genetics and logic aside
Well yes, if reason and logic don't apply then it's pointless debating or arguing any point.

If you believe that you can be born X ,- how do you square that with their you are born Y
The argument - no your born Atheist and brainwashed into whichever religious cult - is the same argument they are using against LGBT education
As you've pointed out, if you ignore reason and logic then both arguments are superficially the same.

The argument falls down slightly when you consider that being gay is haram and everyone born to muslim parents is a muslim. Since muslims cannot be gay, there are no gay muslims, therefore it's not an issue.

In islamic countries there won't be any gay people so why are ISIS so keen on giving skydiving lessons sans parachutes? Or Iran hanging gay people from cranes?

It's almost as if being gay is not something people choose to be.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
The argument falls down slightly when you consider that being gay is haram and everyone born to muslim parents is a muslim.
Indeed...

Since muslims cannot be gay, there are no gay muslims, therefore it's not an issue.

In islamic countries there won't be any gay people so why are ISIS so keen on giving skydiving lessons sans parachutes? Or Iran hanging gay people from cranes?

I'm not sure if its actually the case that a Muslim cant be gay; they very obviously can be and as they believe everything is preordained by Allah, being gay must be acceptable.

Oddly enough I was listening to Radio 4 discussing the concept of pre destiny: an Imam commented that while everything is predestined, there remains a choice as to whether or not to act.

So, while I'm not sure if being gay is forbidden in Islam ( @Boumer ? )I would not be surprised if it took the same view as Christianity - which AIUI forbids gay sex, and doesn't forbid simply being gay.

You seem to be stating the islamic view of homosexuality so have you actually searched the Qur'an?

@Bravo_Bravo

The Koran forbids homosexuality, repeating the Old Testament events of Lot.

Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 18.45.53.png

But to be fair, the hadith also ban bum sex with the missus.
"Allah is not shy to tell you the truth: do not have intercourse with your wives in the anus."
All reminds me of the great Jewish joke, Moses comes down off Mt Sinai with the tablets and says onto his people; "The good news is I've got him down to ten, the bad news is adultery is still in".

Indeed...
And again, if you used the rest of the post then the context changes:
As you've pointed out, if you ignore reason and logic then both arguments are superficially the same.

The argument falls down slightly when you consider that being gay is haram and everyone born to muslim parents is a muslim. Since muslims cannot be gay, there are no gay muslims, therefore it's not an issue.

See the difference? Both italicised statements are false but even using the false statements there is no internally consistent logic.

I'm not sure if its actually the case that a Muslim cant be gay; they very obviously can be and as they believe everything is preordained by Allah, being gay must be acceptable.

Oddly enough I was listening to Radio 4 discussing the concept of pre destiny: an Imam commented that while everything is predestined, there remains a choice as to whether or not to act.

So, while I'm not sure if being gay is forbidden in Islam ( @Boumer ? )I would not be surprised if it took the same view as Christianity - which AIUI forbids gay sex, and doesn't forbid simply being gay.

You seem to be stating the islamic view of homosexuality so have you actually searched the Qur'an?
No, I haven't researched the quran or islamic doctrine on homosexuality. Bearing in mind that ISIS and Iran, two extremely islamic states/countries actively execute homosexuals I wouldn't be arguing for islam being all peace and love with the gays.

What I have also done is watched the Panorama documentary that this thread was originally about and the protestors outside the schools made the following comments:
"I am a Muslim. According to our religion it's forbidden, the gay is forbidden",
"Being gay and legal is OK, that doesn't mean we have to morally accept it"
"We have nothing against LGBT community, you can believe what you want but I shouldn't have to agree with the way they are living" (11 minutes in)

The iPlayer link is BBC iPlayer - Panorama - Sex Education: The LGBT Debate in Schools

Now, given I have taken the time to respond to your points in detail and backed up my assertions with relevant links, would you mind awfully responding to my posts #737 and #910? I am still interested in what the crux of the matter is with these protests about primary schools teaching acceptance of different people and what I can be caught out about in terms of Abrahamic religions.

No, I haven't researched the quran or islamic doctrine on homosexuality. Bearing in mind that ISIS and Iran, two extremely islamic states/countries actively execute homosexuals I wouldn't be arguing for islam being all peace and love with the gays.
I don't know about Iran, but it was quite easy to get executed by "Islamic State".

They used to execute people for sorcery, and all sorts of nonsense.

I am sure most will already understand, but remember; I used to watch IS videos with Muslims next to me muttering 'They Know Nothing of Islam'. It was genuinely quite painful, not being a Muslim it was merely personally embarrassing that they thought they had to remind me these were extremist terrorists.

I am sure the deabte will continue inside and outside of religions.

However - The Union Flag still flies over this country, and people can live in an tolerant and pluralistic society.

The realist in me says, I look forward to the first bigot refusing to accept the new fifty pound note 'cos it has a gay man on it.

endure

GCM
I don't know about Iran, but it was quite easy to get executed by "Islamic State".

I am sure most will already understand, but remember; I used to watch IS videos with Muslims next to me muttering 'They Know Nothing of Islam'. It was genuinely quite painful, not being a Muslim it was merely personally embarrassing that they thought they had to remind me these were extremist terrorists.

I am sure the deabte will continue inside and outside of religions.

However - The Union Flag still flies over this country, and people can live in an tolerant and pluralistic society.

The realist in me says, I look forward to the first bigot refusing to accept the new fifty pound note 'cos it has a gay man on it.
Iran carries out more sex change operations than any country apart from Thailand. It's not because they're tranny friendly it's the option that's offered to gay men rather than execution.

I'm not suggesting ISIS represent a majority or more than a handful of muslims. The point I am trying to get across is that being gay is not viewed as acceptable by the people protesting primary education about gay relationships and their religion is used as the reason / excuse.

I actually respect the London rabbi interviewed in the programme who was asked his views on gay jews. He answered honestly along the lines of (and I am paraphrasing) 'the torah says in leviticus that being gay is not acceptable and so no orthodox jew should be gay. That does not say anything about what non-jews can do.'

Sadly I suspect you are right and it will make the news.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Bravo_Bravo

The Koran forbids homosexuality, repeating the Old Testament events of Lot.

View attachment 406098

But to be fair, the hadith also ban bum sex with the missus.

All reminds me of the great Jewish joke, Moses comes down off Mt Sinai with the tablets and says onto his people; "The good news is I've got him down to ten, the bad news is adultery is still in".
Thank you.
So it sounds as if the prohibition is on the physical act, not the sexuality?

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
And again, if you used the rest of the post then the context changes:

See the difference? Both italicised statements are false but even using the false statements there is no internally consistent logic.
Eh?

No, I haven't researched the quran or islamic doctrine on homosexuality.
Then stop bluffing your ticket with opinion dressed up as fact.

Last edited:

Latest Threads