PANORAMA - Monday

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Joker, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What McGrab said.. Im with him on this one... fcukin' despicable.. once again though just shows what the Beeb thinks of our lads and lasses...

I can't even begin to rant and be outraged Im that infuriated by it...

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

More evidence of the BBC dumbing down and broadcasting sh1te.

3. It makes my Fcuking blood boil that we have to pay these tossers wages from our pockets!
    We should stop paying our TV licence fees in protest!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is the BBC so anti squaddie? Did one of us have a wicked way with one of the director’s wives or daughters?? If so please post the photos so we can take the urine out of them.
    Have you noticed that the BBC has really got Anti-squaddie since the Queen of Death (Kate Addy) went out of the picture and stopped presenting fact (ish) instead of fiction that the rest of those idiots call journalism.

4. FFS.

Sun journalism aside, The beeb won't even use the word 'terrorist' or 'bomb' in case it upsets their darling militant murderers but they're happy to come out with this.

In fact, I'm suprised they made the programme at all as it doesn't appear to feature any celebrities.

Biased BBC

:x

edited to add 'biased BBC' blogspot to show it's not just the Services who can't stand the beeb.

5. Hmm. I went to the link, thanks for soiling my eyes with that.

I will wait to see if their "editorial decisions" include not airing the MA's propoganda.

And you know what? Even if it were true, they were in a fecking bayonet charge, fighting for their lives. I couldn't give two hoots if they shat down their necks.

Having said that - just in the Spirit of tradition.

Neutron-Dung, perhaps you ought to look at the fact that were this somebody approaching you rather than the BBC you would have spread this over pages 8-21 inclusive with a centre spread entitled "OUR BOYS SHAME" with natty little paragraph headlines like "He was only 14" and "The Soldier laughed as he murdered my friend".

So lets not ratchet up the outrage just yet. Neutron dung does love his forces non stories.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Amazing,
    One of their journo's gets kidnapped & all we here is about how he has suffered,We loose lads on op's & it hardly makes the news.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

TND has been rather more pro than his previous anti forces recently. I always wondered how someone who could ghost write something as good as the Sniper One book yet produce some of the infantile drivel published in the scum.

The BBC have become a farce.

8. BBC is full Liarbour Supporters now nuff said..........

9. Doesn't make my point any less true, had the MA approached Neutron Dung (EMHYT) the first we would have heard about it would have been a huge spread telling the world of our soldiers "shame".

I would not p1ss on the evil minded scum sucker if he was on fire. If he was in a bath I would give him potassium to play with.

10. 1944. In breaking news on the BBC, Hitler and Goering's lawyers, including the respected Michael Mansfield QC, claim that British soldiers actually shot holidaying Germans on the beaches of Normandy. Anti War lawyer, Phil Shiner, was given air time on the state funded BBC to air his views that the Nazis were being persecuted by the British Army...to be continued.

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Fair one Heed, his moral compass is a bit fcuked.

12. Difficult for TND to slate the Regiment when he was one of the loudest voices at the time praising them for their work.

13. Trust me - He would have no difficulty at all.

14. if the programme is properly done, with balanced coverage and presentation of the evidence on both sides, no problem.

Can they stand these accusations up? If not, viewers will see through it for what it is. If they can, it's fair comment.

It's the BBC's job to report on things like this, but naturally they should give our army the right to balanced coverage that they would give to anyone else's.