Panorama BBC1 2100 Monday 5 Nov 07

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Nov 3, 2007.

?
  1. Typical BBC negativism from a parlour pink perspective

7.3%
  2. A fair representation of reality from the sharp end

76.4%
  3. Curates egg: good in parts

7.3%
  4. Neither good nor bad just dull

3.6%
  5. Clashed with (footy,Big Brother,getting shedded) ...when is it on again?

5.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Panorama follows a unit of 35 British soldiers on the frontline in Afghanistan during a six-month tour.

Panorama Special: Taking on the Taleban -The Soldiers' Story

Preview here

BBC One 9pm, Monday 5 November 2007
    --

2. On in 30 mins! Can someone upload to Youtube?
    BUMP

3. Are you living in the future eveyoz? 'cos all the evidence points to it still being Sunday.

4. Cow

Cow LE

Maybe its Monday in Aus?

5. Ahem, sorry. It's Monday in Australia (and sunny) :)

6. Just on Breakfast - BBC. Gave the grenadiers rank as L/Cpl. Have they changed the guards rank structure from Cpl, L/Sgt, Sgt etc

7. Thats is on at 21.00 then commando on the front line is on itv at 22.00.
    the mrs isn't going to be happy tonight.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Being discussed on three separate threads....oi PTP...get it sorted :)

Better than I'd expected....gave a fair view of the reconstruction effort and got in amongst it (more than I've been)......I didn't feel propagandized by either viewpoint....good effort Ben.

Don Cabra

9. the rank is L/CPL.They just wear two chevrons as opposed to one. I know, I used to be one.

10. Yes, I found out tonight when I commented to my Dad, a Coldstreamer of 1950s vintage. He voiced His indignation without raising his voice and managed to make me feel 15 all over again :oops:

11. Can't beleve the tossers who worry because a woodentop is called a LCpl, a Cpl or a f***ing LSgt. It was one of the reasons they were so resented, cos some were only interested in showing off their importance and rank.

Apart from the useless comments, wonderful programme and for once, I have some time for the woodentops. Some of those guys earned a lot of respect. Well done lads.

12. I was more concerned that the vast majority of their casualties seemed to be NCO's :( Is that sort of attrition rate normal for those ranks ? Surely you lose a lot of experience that way......

The ANA didn't look to be very high quality did they, indeed close to being a liability in some situations.

13. who is worried? The guy just asked a minor question and it was answered.
    End of.

14. I too was a bit alarmed when that seemingly sound young L/Cpl was describing casualties - and it was Sgt after Sgt.
    Any rational explanation as to why plse ?

15. I think it was rather funny when they were in that firefight about 20 mins into it and that Captain gave the ANA bloke a bollocking for firing off such a large burst of fire... 'ARE YOU ****ing MAD??' haha made me chuckle anyway