Panorama-3 Commando hunting the Taliban (3/12/06@2215)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Dec 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Starting on BBC1 @2215Hrs
    "In Southere Afghanistan,a deadly struggle is intensifying between British Troops & the forces of the Fundamentalist Taliban"

Should be interesting viewing.....But from who's side?
  2. Good call, just watching it now :D
  3. Thanks for that.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Is that that new Body Armour they're wearing?
  5. Has work started on the TAP pipeline yet?
  6. Funny, I didn't think this program was about pipelines. Still, I will keep watching and see if it comes up.

7. Are you serving? Show some respect for the lads.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Who gives a feck about a pipeline!! It's the Lads lives I'm more concerened about!!!
    But,judging from what I've seen so far,they're in a sh1t storm over there!!
    Good luck lads......

PS,I hope bLair is squirming watching this!

Having not been to Afghanistan,it shocked me just how much the terrain & villages are like something out of the middle ages.The locals sound like they want rid of the Taleban & are doing all they can to aid our troops.But I suppose in the end,when we withdraw from there,they still have to live there & with the aftermath.
    Mind you,it seemed to me that the Marine on the .5 was having a 'single shot' moment.
    But did'nt Tony look queasy when chatting to the Marines back at base.
  9. Good report, BigUn- shows the difficulties; cameraman deserves a bonus.

Well done the lads- doing a great job under difficult circumstances. I just wish I could have been one of half a million flies on the wall when they were talking to Bliar.

At the end of it, though, I feel sorry for the old guys caught in the middle, trying to keep their town intact. No easy answers.
  10. I thought this was one of Panaorama's better docus - for once they seemed to have got the "balance" about right. The point made about the Afghani police and military was well made; like their counterparts in Iraq it is probably doubtful if they will ever be up to the job. Which brings into question the "endstate" of the entire Op
  11. Those guys were giving it everything - well done we are proud of you. Not a bad program, although there was some old footage. They are doing an impossible task much better than anyone could expect.

Wonder if they all managed to bite their lip when Tony pais a visit.
  12. Anyone know if this will be shown again, or is it available on the interweb?
  13. Its on UKNova.
  14. Cool, thanks
  15. I like milan in the Anti Personnel role. 3rds 3 kills, Bit pricy thou. Good film. Tonights show about dodgy EU passports looks quite interesting.