Panic theyre Islamic

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BuggerAll, Jun 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just caught the end of Don't Panic I'm Islamic. Maybe the overall message of the program was positive, but the bit I saw did not reasure me at all. I've come away with the impression that a significant number of the Muslim 'community' is, at the very least, tolerant of Islamic inspired terrorism.

There was a lot of tosh about how they are angry and that justifies the only outlet they have to attract our attention.

2. I get p*ssed off at work daily......but I've never considered strapping a bomb to my chest and getting on a bus full of kids, nor have I ever considered kidnapping foreign aid workers and decapitating them in from of my handicam. I've never held a gathering of my mates in a street and had them all singing about killing muslims and how Jesus says that it's OK by him to do so, in fact the Holy Ghost bloody well demands it because he's got more virgins up there than you can shake a stick at and they're all whining at him 'cos they need sh*gging.

But then again, maybe that's just me.

3. Liar. :wink:

4. See...that's where you're going wrong :)

5. Daft question, I seems to remember that male marters get the 70 wurgins but many of the marters have been female.
    Zo do they get 69 young pups with big mouth pythons waiting on their plesure ?
    john
    PS I really do consider The Arabs I knew to have been full of sh1t.

6. Apprantly under new legislation Allah has had to find 70 lesbians. Equal Opportunities and all that.

7. That'll be me on the Fatwah list now.

8. Caught the end of the program repeat of who seemed more appealing.
    Typical muslem program some fat european convert in hijab whining about
    drunks in slough .Cut to shot of saturday night crowd drunk,flashing,being sick
    Then cut to ernest asian muslim "you dont have to drink to have fun" yeah right .
    Sorry i find them boring, self righteoues , judgemental ,and intolerant just like every other beliver .Wear silly clothes practise your religion
    more beer and bacon sarnies for the rest of us .

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Glad to see it wasn't just me who thought panic was in order. There's also a nagging thing in the back of my head saying if the people on the program were suppossed to be the reasonable moderate muslims - what are the unreasoable one like?

Very strange program. It tended to confirm my prejudices.

10. Up until recently, I have had no axe to grind with any religion, but the whole 'holier than thou' shit that Islam puts out gets my goat. Who is a Muslim (or any other religous practitioner) to tell me that he is better than me because he prays several times a day and doesn't drink? I could always point out that I am the better person as I don't advocate blowing up buses full of shoppers or flying planes into multi stories.

How come we're getting this Islam thing shoved down out throats, when we are predominantly a Christian society and our religion is being denied to appease Muslims etc, through inane acts like removing crucifixes and bibles from buildings in case someone from another religion gets upset?

The recent QB award to the Ismalic leader was a nice gesture, despite the political motive behind it being oh so bloody obvious. Would he have got it had we not been in Iraq?

Why do I get the feeling that I am supposed to be ashamed of my Anglo-Saxon heritage and my Christianity and of our Colonial past. I am ashamed of none of it. In fact, having this sh*t rammed down my throat is having the reverse affect upon me and my tolerance is waining.

I appreciate that this has been a very simplistic view, but I'm f*cked off with the lot of it.

11. if i ever was a gravedigger in muslim cementry i would make sure i would leave a strip of bacon on top of the coffin :twisted:

i have recently been to New York and visited Ground Zero it does make me sad to know all those people died and the site is now just an empty pit, all the while we are appeasing thses self rightous tosspots,why are they inisisting that it "our" fault ? they are to blame for their own conditions, they ghetto themselves not us, they live in Poverty and refuse to get a job instead prefring to live on Benefit while pissing on our country.

loada bollocks.

the Koran clearly states you have a duty of loyalty to your own country and obey the laws of the land you live in.
    as per usual it is men who twist the name of religion to suit themselves.

12. I also have changed. My old rule was that they could do as they wished so long as it did not involve me or mine. I have had just about enough of the 'love your muslim brother' and all p.c'ism in general. My resolve is to resist it - if someone challenges me over something I've said, I'll switch to full rude and brutal soldier mode straight away and challenge it. I shall make no secret of the fact that I have no Muslim brothers or sisters or colleagues or what. I would like to see more taking this attitude before we get swamped and politicised out of existance in the country I call home.

13. The program confirmed my views on muslims.

14. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

And you wonder why the Arabs hate America? As for your last statement about religion, I suppose that applies to everyone except Bush, after all he's American and is thus excempt from criticism for exporting his own brand of radical right-wing religious fanaticism.

15. It’s great to read the wide variety of unbiased non bigoted posts. If you had watched the whole SKNN you would have realised that there were a wide variety of opinion and surprisingly little of it was extremist. Well balanced arguments covering diverse topics such as the observance of there religion, outward signs of there religion, the conflict between the Young and the Old, the cultured discussion of the pro western Muslims and the light hearted comparison of what has meaning in their lives and our own.

Semper: Less than 3,000 people died from the 2 towers which when compared to the conservative estimate of 5,000,000 (1,300 a day) dead from the US led sanctions against Iraq then you would understand how an extremist could see that actually the 2 towers maybe wasn't enough

The fact is most Muslims do not support the extremist but like all major religions and organisations there are bad apples. Christian extremist in the US will murder doctors for practicing abortions, Catholics in NI will plant bombs in busy town centres and lunatics in Japan spread poison gas on an Underground train.

Maybe what you should ask yourself is why are these extremist doing this? Or maybe what have we done to promote a man from a of peace religion to destroy 2 of the worlds tallest buildings? I guarantee the US has not