Panic buying / stocking up

You big softy, what's wrong with Izal Medicated?

1585230364241.png

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Friends run a hotel on a Scottish island.
As they have closed, they put out fresh produce from kitchen for folk to come take.
Eggs, butter, tatties etc.

Unfortunately for the chap who came and lifted a 55lb sack of tatties rather than just take some like everyone had, the CCTV shows his face clearly.
The hotel have yet published it on social media but have mentioned that if the tatties are not shared in the manner intended, it will be!

As they have closed, they put out fresh produce from kitchen for folk to come take.

Unfortunately for the chap who came and lifted a 55lb sack of tatties rather than just take some like everyone had, the CCTV shows his face clearly.
The hotel have yet published it on social media but have mentioned that if the tatties are not shared in the manner intended, it will be!
Did they say that it was to rationed out though if no bags were provided for the spuds how do you avoid airing them
55lbs is a lot of taters

Yokel

LE

Just out of interest, how are they going to be compensated for the loss of trade?

Another question - if the islands depend on ferries and stuff bringing supplies, what happens if ferries cannot operate due to staff falling ill? Larger islands might be self sufficient in terms of food, but what about other things?

Just out of interest, how are they going to be compensated for the loss of trade?

Another question - if the islands depend on ferries and stuff bringing supplies, what happens if ferries cannot operate due to staff falling ill? Larger islands might be self sufficient in terms of food, but what about other things?
Haggis Hunting season soon. Plenty for all.
Similar to the Duckbilled Platypus, their eggs are also highly prized, however, the female is protected until laying season is over. Furs make excellent willy warmers, especially prized by sassenachs to prevent their dicks shrinking even further.
1585233540475.png

Last edited:
You big softy, what's wrong with Izal Medicated?

View attachment 459967
I was in an orderly procession, to get the TP.
The store had a decent amount stocked and from what I could tell most people were following the honor system, and only grabbing one package per person/couple.

The rest of the store was decent, while not not being fully stocked. It was much better than two weeks ago. So it does seem for now that the logistical system here is able to maintain.

But my state has a very homogeneous population and is not as exotic as California or New York.

Lockdown from midnite in Safferland.
But wait... what is this?
No booze sales allowed for 21 days, BUT No cigarettes either?

Feck. I'm down to 2 left.
Was going to buy later... I suspect by the time I get to the shop, they'll be sold out.
Ho hum, time to give up...

QRK2

LE
Local walking distance Co Op yesterday - virtually empty - nothing of any use left. Drove to Sainsburys today and got everything I was told that we needed for the weekly shop, I suspect this is down to the two brands relative logistics operational ability.

Local walking distance Co Op yesterday - virtually empty - nothing of any use left. Drove to Sainsburys today and got everything I was told that we needed for the weekly shop, I suspect this is down to the two brands relative logistics operational ability.
Same around here. Oddly an arrse mentioned last week the his local CoOp had their shelves full of stuff.Regional variations I suppose?

Christ it's West Auckland in 1980 and I'm 10 again.

Mind we used to get our Sunday meat from "Barry the Butcher" who used to come round in a van once a week as well, despite their already being two butchers shops in the village. And two different pop wagons used to come round on a Friday and Sunday as well.

(The local story was that the firm that sent the pop wagon that came round on a Friday had been founded with money provided by Barnes Wallis as one of their relatives had been killed on the Dambusters raid.)
There was still one on the go in the Hutt when I was there in the 2010s

Latest Threads