Panic buying / stocking up

Tesco:
From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

- To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.

- In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.

- To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock,and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm

3 items rationing will hit large families, how long before msm start "it's racist, RoPs"?

Trump labelled 'racist' by msm for referring to "foreign/Chinese/Wuhan" virus
Already seen in aldi on sunday,
Asian family with a full trolley.
Daughter says 'dad, you know we can't have more than 5 of any item'
Dad says 'don't worry, I'll pretend I don't understand '
Arrogant fecker, pulling people's trolleys out of the way and barging to get to things

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I can supply some vaguely scientific sounding bollocks:

Pasta is made by processing durum wheat with water (and sometimes eggs). As the pasta is repeatedly folded and stretched air is incorporated into the dough. Since many Italian pasta producers are infected with coronavirus there is a substantial risk of the virus being transmitted via pasta.

Scientists have demonstrated that coronavirus particles can become embedded in the gluten network inside pasta and may remain active for an unknown period. Cooking for normal times would usually destroy the virions but as they are embedded in the solid gluten structure this may not be reliable.

It is recommended that everyone boils pasta for a minimum of 50 minutes to ensure complete destruction of the coronavirus particles. Any surplus pasta should be incinerated with a good airflow to prevent infection or disposed of in a contaminated waste container.
That's the Eyeties' problem don't y'see...
We should all eat chips,jackets,boiled, mash.....

None of that new fangled fancy sh*te.
FFS
I grind, mix and stir wheat too,
Then feed it my coos...
Then we eat the coos...
With chips.

End of.
Ps.
You'll not find any kissy kissy cheek to cheek stuff in a cattle market either...

Least not North of Cheshire, dunno 'bout them Southern Softies.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be too long before people have run out of space to store all their panic-bought stuff. The supermarkets should be able to catch up and re-fill their shelves and once people see the shelves full again confidence will return and they'll slow down on their panic buying. One of the big problems is the way the supermarkets work by having consumables with short shelf lives, short use-by dates, and a policy of JIT supply.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20200318_082542.jpg

It would appear that the good folk of Easter Ross are not convinced about marrowfat peas as that is mainly what they have left.

Strangely enough Sutherland has no empty shelves.

How sweetly trusting of you.
You are Mr Chips and I claim my five shilling postal order.
Er, I'm pretty sure you've read my posts on here before. I check what the little **** has written before it is published.

The system works and doesn't get pictures of my thumb sent to parents accompanied by a caption of "Cxubngn" or other gibberish. I can work my Android phone fine but the Apple stuff seems designed to confuse me.

Er, I'm pretty sure you've read my posts on here before. I check what the little **** has written before it is published.

The system works and doesn't get pictures of my thumb sent to parents accompanied by a caption of "Cxubngn" or other gibberish. I can work my Android phone fine but the Apple stuff seems designed to confuse me.
Apologies, shit jibe. Sent from my sickbed under the influence of laudanum.

Anyway, things are getting serious here chez Rangdo. I generally do the menu planning, shopping and cooking, thus leaving Mrs R to free herself from menial tasks and apply her considerable brains and charm to bringing home the bunce.
I have to go shopping tomorrow and Mrs R, having been told to work from home, says she is coming with me.
This could be fun as Mrs R is the least patient person I know. I still hope her declaration of solidarity was bravado and she chickens out. It will be safer for all.

NSP

LE
Already seen in aldi on sunday,
Asian family with a full trolley.
Daughter says 'dad, you know we can't have more than 5 of any item'
Dad says 'don't worry, I'll pretend I don't understand '
Arrogant fecker, pulling people's trolleys out of the way and barging to get to things

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Should've collected a cheeky tap to the nose, really.

Tesco:
From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

- To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.

- In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.

- To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock,and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm

3 items rationing will hit large families, how long before msm start "it's racist, RoPs"?

Trump labelled 'racist' by msm for referring to "foreign/Chinese/Wuhan" virus
I heard the announcement as I walked in to an Asda today, just as some fat unsavoury-looking bloke ran out with a large trolley containing as much bog roll as would supply my household for about four months. Peering down the grey, empty tundra of the bogroll aisle, I saw one lonely pack of 'aloe vera' flavoured gear, which I had away.

I suspect that some people don't realise that supply and demand hasn't died as an economic tenet, and that the makers of a number of products (female hygeine supplies, soapy and alcoholic cleaning products, paracetemol, etc) are currently making hay while the sun shines, are ramping up production to meet demand and will continue to do so after the initial feverish rush to fill garages diminishes. A lot of people are going to have spare rooms stuffed with unwanted pasta in the not too distant future (viz the prepping some did for Brexit):
7634_16.03.20_web_ML.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Time to start a rumour that 98% pasta products are sourced in Italy and the molecular structure of durum wheat flour acts as a natural repository for Coronvirus only some of which will be killed by boiling in water.

Anyone know how to work Twitter?
Actually most are
Barillas factory produce most of the Pasta eaten in Europe, they also make the Sauces as they buy all the tomatoes in
its bloody huge

and it smells nice as you pass by
did I mention its huge

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
That's the Spicks' problem don't y'see...
We should all eat chips,jackets,boiled, mash.....

None of that new fangled fancy sh*te.
FFS
I grind, mix and stir wheat too,
Then feed it my coos...
Then we eat the coos...
With chips.

End of.
Ps.
You'll not find any kissy kissy cheek to cheek stuff in a cattle market either...

Least not North of Cheshire, dunno 'bout them Southern Softies.
Spicks usually means Hispanics
eyeties refer to Italians
unless I am missing an insult here

Latest Threads