Panic buying / stocking up

FB_IMG_1632706376481.jpg

Seriously mate! Who didn't see this coming? I started stocking up the day Donald Trump became President and not for any political or other reasons, I stocked up because I knew this crap would happen again.

We went through the same thing under President Obama and the only reason it happens is because some people in the shooting community believe the crap that's on the internet. There's also the fact that due to the virus, copper mining in Chile ground to a halt, it's the same with powders, a lot of our powders are imported from Europe and other far away places.

I didn't go out panic buying, if I was in town I'd grab a pound of powder, 1,000 primers and a couple of hundred bullets and any other bits I may have needed. I was looking around the other night and as you say, there isn't much out there, but it'll bounce back, it always does.
I don’t know what you are talking about Sam. Ghastly things firearms and ammo. I stock up on peace tea and good vibrations.

Biden banning the import of Russian priced freedom will hurt over the long run.

But I am very thankful the Green energy movement is going to a spectacular job screwing up their baby in short order.

Always fun watching utopian visions smashing headlong into reality and the resultant shower of exploding shit. Problem is, those left to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess are rarely the proponents of those utopian visions.

Always fun watching utopian visions smashing headlong into reality and the resultant shower of exploding shit. Problem is, those left to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess are rarely the proponents of those utopian visions.

Could be the same when most people have switched over to electric cars, evenings could be quite a surge in electricity demand

We have 60 vans out on deliveries this morning
Between them they will cover 12,000 miles today

Most filling stations are allowing £30 fill at a time

We have some vehicles doing 500 miles today

Lorries are 9k,they are being allowed to fill

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Perhaps nurses should be made to wear their uniform, and stockings and high heels obviously, so people know they are nurses
Again? They're still living on the admiration and fawning from last year!

As I'm a right brainbox, and could see this coming, I filled everything I could up.
Not because I needed it, but I knew prices would rocket. Saved a bomb.

I was out yesterday and saw no signs of queuing around Glasgow but later I hear it mentioned on the news.

The process probably goes something like this;

Producer in London; "This is a potentially big story. We need to find out what is happening round the country."

PinL 'phones Provincial Reporter; "What's happening in your area?"

PRep; "Not a lot as far as I know."

PinL; "Get off your bum and get some footage!"

PRep finds a local filling station with half a dozen cars waiting, films it from a camera angle that makes it look dramatic, files it to London and goes back to sleep.

PinL assembles the best of the footage, gets it on the News and the next day there is a panic.

A bit like toilet rolls (but I think we should be seriously concerned about the Walnut situation).
Psychologist on BBC Radio 4 just (Monday 0845hrs), squarely blaming MSM Press photos and TV footage of queues at filling stations, for generating unnecessary panic buying.

His suggestion, is/was MSM should be publicising pictures of empty, normal functioning, filling station forecourts.

Last edited:

Tool

LE
Psychologist on BBC Radio 4 just (Monday 0845hrs), squarely blaming MSM Press photos and TV footage of queues at filling stations, for generating unnecessary panic
buying.

His suggestion, is/was MSM should be publicising pictures of empty, normal functioning, filling station forecourts.
Won't sell. "Man has good day at work" type sh1t. It would be interesting to see the relationship between MSM and some of the petrolium* delivery companies or garage forecourts.

*domestic petrol and diesel

...latest conspiracy theory:
Petrol and diesel have a shelf life.
We have not been going out because of covid and restrictions.
Fuel companies have a glut of fuel about to go off and needs to be sold quickly.

And on that bombshell.... :oops:

Having seen the roaring success that a bit of scaremongering that petrol and diesel is running out has had on trade, the nations pubs are taking a punt at a piece of the action!

The finger pointing has started! And he's ex-BBC!

Some of the more interesting information within that article . . .

"Mr McKenzie, who ran BBC Radio 1’s Newsbeat for more than two decades before joining the Road Haulage Association, last night denied the claim.

As managing director of policy for the RHA, he has blamed post-Brexit immigration restrictions for the crisis in the industry and has been leading calls for the Government to lift visa restrictions to allow more foreign drivers into the country.

The fuel crisis began to snowball last week after comments made by Hanna Hofer, head of BP’s retail business, at a Cabinet Office meeting were leaked. On September 16, Ms Hofer told civil servants, hauliers and other industry figures that the company had ‘two-thirds of normal forecourt stock levels’.

Mr McKenzie said he did not take part in the meeting and firmly denied that there was any direct evidence that he or anyone at the RHA leaked the selective remarks.

But a senior Government source said: ‘McKenzie will have been aware of Ms Hofer’s comments and had every incentive to weaponise them. The RHA leak every meeting they have with us. They have a rap sheet as long as their arm.

‘McKenzie is just a moaning Remainer
and he and the RHA are entirely responsible for this panic and chaos. We will deal with them when this is over. . . ".

I do particularly like the final sentence quoted . . . ;) !!

48389539-10028661-image-m-151_1632603846276.jpg

Ministers say Rod McKenzie (pictured above) sparked the nationwide panic-buying frenzy by selectively leaking remarks made by a BP executive at a private Government meeting.

@RCT(V) why the disagree?
'Cos you're WRONG !! :( .

Simples ;) .

It is more than a little trite, to repeat the oft quoted phrase that "Only bad news sells" :( .

Sometimes . . . quite often . . . "good news" stories, can be appreciated and are welcome :) .

Tool

LE
'Cos you're WRONG !! :( .

Simples ;) .

It is more than a little trite, to repeat the oft quoted phrase that "Only bad news sells" :( .

Sometimes . . . quite often . . . "good news" stories, can be appreciated and are welcome :) .
I definitely agree. Can you please supply three MSM headline or lead stories from the last month that are good news stories? I certainly cannot think of any off-hand.

anglo

LE
Went to Morrisons this morning, can't get in to do the shopping due to queues to get petrol,
and neither can the delivery trucks, so, went to Aldi, busy, but the shelves are full,

Further to the above . . .

"But a senior Government source said: ‘McKenzie will have been aware of Ms Hofer’s comments and had every incentive to weaponise them. The RHA leak every meeting they have with us. They have a rap sheet as long as their arm.

‘McKenzie is just
a moaning Remainer and he and the RHA are entirely responsible for this panic and chaos. We will deal with them when this is over . . . ".

I am reminded of - and, think it worth re-posting - an important post by . . .

@FORMER_FYRDMAN , post #23018.

POST- BREXIT SUBVERSION

"The battle may be won but the war continues. Large chunks of the Establishment were seriously embarrassed and given a very public lesson in the limits of their power. That's not something they've forgiven, they haven't made peace with the result and they are looking to get even - again, regardless of the wider cost to the country.

Look at the current support for the complete revision and distortion of this country's history, together with the associated angst, and Remain hardliners in the Media, the Arts and Academia are extremely well represented, not least because it's a chance to attack things that many Brexiteers value.

I have absolutely no quarrel with anyone who accepted the referendum outcome when it was known, which is just as well or I'd lose half my friends and be divorced, but I have no hesitation in condemning those who didn't and who used every underhand tactic in the book to try to get their way for the next three years.

These people haven't accepted the result and never will. They've simply been left with a de facto situation after exhausting their options. That's the reality and I'm not going to pretend that these hardliners have now seen the light and are potential allies or subscribe to the fiction that they were all good sports in the end; they haven't, they're not, they weren't and they bear watching because, if they can attempt to subvert a legitimate public choice once, they are certainly capable of doing it again and their behaviour displays a complete contempt for the democratic process.

If they now find it acceptable to stoke racial tensions and provoke a cultural civil war that's probably not surprising but it makes them doubly dangerous and they should be called out at every opportunity for being the creatures they undoubtedly are".

Last edited:

anglo

LE
I definitely agree. Can you please supply three MSM headline or lead stories from the last month that are good news stories? I certainly cannot think of any off-hand.
There isn't any today,this from one

Internet headline
Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 10-31-59 The Latest News from the UK and Around the World Sky News.png

Article headline

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 10-32-13 Fuel supply crisis live Up to 90% of some brands 'running dr...png

The first headline is meant to instil panic, "could last until Christmas"
the MSM are a load of tossers,

Latest Threads