Panic buying / stocking up

View attachment 605981
There's one of these in my neighbourhood, with the plate BOYZONE .
The driver and his 'friend' look less than manly.

That's actually what @Bravo_Bravo was driving when he rocked up to Kris's funeral. He claimed it was due to a mid-life crisis but we knew it was because he was hoping Jarrod was going to turn up.

Still not as bad as @Joker62's pink Lambretta.

Slime

LE
I filled up one of my cars last night, the tank was nearly empty and so it was just a regular fill up.
There were three cars on the forecourt at 7pm last night.

I drove past the same forecourt today at 9.30am and counted 43 cars, including queues to just get in to the garage from either side.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got a trip to Sellafield this week and then Sennybridge and Manorbier the week after! If I don't work, I don't get paid.

Queues so that Doris can nip to Tesco once a week or some knut can drive to the betting shop.

Tw4ts.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Here in Sarfend theres been long queues at the supermarket petrol stations. paaaanic.

All media driven. Anything for a fake shit headline grabbing sales story.

They should be ashamed of the damage they do really. Wish XR or whatever protest group would camp outside their doors. The cnuts.

Hey ho it’s Friday so on with the Brasso!

RTU'd

LE
Local BP & Shell now dry.
No one going in so coffee & food sales will be down.

Car is full up after journey back from deepest Somerset.
Local village service station rationing fuel for locals only.
But some muppets are wanting red diesel as its panic time!

Slime

LE
Local BP & Shell now dry.
No one going in so coffee & food sales will be down.

Car is full up after journey back from deepest Somerset.
Local village service station rationing fuel for locals only.
But some muppets are wanting red diesel as its panic time!

You could be on to something here.
Forecourt shops may well be full of knock down price bargain food by tomorrow.

Full-on fuel stacking at our Tesco across the road.
Staff out manning pumps ensuring, as far as safely possible for them, fair play.
Store overrun by rancid used ass wipes barging about for their weekend processed food fixes, cheap booze, fags and Make me a Surefire Squillionaire for £20.00 tickets.
You know...that £20.00 you and I fekkin' paid for?
The repulsive useless stinking 4 toothed retards & general fuckwittery knuts.

Full-on fuel stacking at our Tesco across the road.
Staff out manning pumps ensuring, as far as safely possible for them, fair play.
Store overrun by rancid used ass wipes barging about for their weekend processed food fixes, cheap booze, fags and Make me a Surefire Squillionaire for £20.00 tickets.
You know...that £20.00 you and I fekkin' paid for?
The utter stinking 4 toothed knuts.
How long did you have to queue for, to fill up the Mazda?

sidsnot

War Hero
Idiots queuing at several forecourts in Cambridge. Long tailbacks in and around Newmarket. Glad I fill up on my break when on nights. Even had one local petrol station up his prices. As you do. To make a profit out of other’s misfortune. Mercenary cnut.

How long did you have to queue for, to fill up the Mazda?
Funny you said.
I'll have you know, I've had the same fuel in mine since perhaps June...since I took ill.
SWMBOs...maybe last saw a fill up 2 months back. Still got 3/4 tank.
We tend to walk into town or get our shit delivered now.
Hardly need or use these cars now...but when we do, we really do.

Idiots queuing at several forecourts in Cambridge. Long tailbacks in and around Newmarket. Glad I fill up on my break when on nights. Even had one local petrol station up his prices. As you do. To make a profit out of other’s misfortune. Mercenary cnut.
don't go back there.
And use social media to call him a profiteering mong.

A tinted one? ;).
Referring to your new windscreen of course.

Big town ASDA has a "Car Marshal" directing traffic nearside lane petrol, supermarket right hand lane. The petrol queue is out the car park, and snakes back past the football stadium , across the roundabout, and almost on to the Stafford road, bonkers.

All brought about by the papers and the TV news channels. Had they kept their gobs shut and said nothing, nobody would be any the wiser, and no panic buying. Anything to sell papers, and fill air time. A bit simplistic, but true. :eek:

Big town ASDA has a "Car Marshal" directing traffic nearside lane petrol, supermarket right hand lane. The petrol queue is out the car park, and snakes back past the football stadium , across the roundabout, and almost on to the Stafford road, bonkers.

All brought about by the papers and the TV news channels. Had they kept their gobs shut and said nothing, nobody would be any the wiser, and no panic buying. Anything to sell papers, and fill air time. A bit simplistic, but true. :eek:
as I wrote above, how many folk fill up every time?
I put in X cash worth. (or rather I have the petrol attendant do it for me).
Plenty of petrol will still be in tanks once the panic is over.

My Bold. During the last petrol shortage back in 2000, one local privately run petrol station raised his prices almost 50%, the local community boycotted him. when it was all over and back to normal, the boycott was 100%. He eventually went bust, and shut down.............. He was not of English-British origin. ;)

Latest Threads