Panic buying / stocking up

When everyone was buying XR3i's or RS Turbo's I got an XR3'i Convertible.
Limited edition
Electric Blue paint
Half Leather Recaro seats
Leather steering wheel.
5 Spoke TSW alloys

I was 24 years old thought I was proper cool

Took it home and parked it outside the house for all to see..
My dad arrived home from work took one look and came out with I see you've bought a poofs car took up hairdressing then?

Ah the Joys of youth
1632375996967.jpeg

There's one of these in my neighbourhood, with the plate BOYZONE .
The driver and his 'friend' look less than manly.

BOYZONE Car.jpeg
Seal saying Ultra Gay.png

Truxx

LE
When everyone was buying XR3i's or RS Turbo's I got an XR3'i Convertible.
Limited edition
Electric Blue paint
Half Leather Recaro seats
Leather steering wheel.
5 Spoke TSW alloys

I was 24 years old thought I was proper cool

Took it home and parked it outside the house for all to see..
My dad arrived home from work took one look and came out with I see you've bought a poofs car took up hairdressing then?

Ah the Joys of youth
Your dad and I would have got on I think..

There are some cars which just 'do' being a convertible.
Many, however, are really ginger beer.
The Miata, even though it is a pleasure to drive, and outperforms most 'hot hatches' on the bendy bits, is still considered homo.
And any hot hatch ragtop, is an invitation to the Blue Oyster Club.
We had an MX-5 (Miata).
I cannot agree it was a shirt-lifter's vehicle.

More like a "sad attempt at regaining lost youth by balding grumpy old gits" vehicle.

Cornered on rails and lots of fun, and I'm almost 70 so don't give a fuvk what others think.

BBC news now reporting some filling stations are closed due to the HGV driver shortage.
Cue panic buying of fuel with queues down the road.

If the media didn’t report it, no one would even know. They’d just think their local station was closed for other reasons.

BBC news now reporting some filling stations are closed due to the HGV driver shortage.
Cue panic buying of fuel with queues down the road.

If the media didn’t report it, no one would even know. They’d just think their local station was closed for other reasons.
I only 'brim' the car if I'm off on a long journey. Other wise it is units of money - '400 rand, please'.
I'm sure most motorists are the same.
How many folk are driving about with 90% full tanks?
Because they panic buy.
If everyone stuck to what they use, no problems.

I only 'brim' the car if I'm off on a long journey. Other wise it is units of money - '400 rand, please'.
I'm sure most motorists are the same.
How many folk are driving about with 90% full tanks?
Because they panic buy.
If everyone stuck to what they use, no problems.

I just fill up. Saves me having to keep going back to the station, as it’s not on my route to anywhere I go.

DarkBrig

War Hero
I start to get the jitters when the car shows less than 3/4, however, on today passing the garage I fought he urge to fill it up again. I understand that when we hit mad max territory and I'm standing at the side of the road I will take comfort knowing that I will be standing at the side of the road knowing I didn't fall for the hype.

I Fully agree with the comment above re news reporting of panic buying causing panic buying, this country is past the point of intelligent thought, it's everyone for themselves, have a look at those panic buying it's those that wouldn't survive in any hostile environment, they were the last ones picked for a team in PT and they wont have a clue where their food really comes from.
Never forget Mad Max was set in 2021, I reckon they only got the date wrong by a few years.

Mandatory Equipment for blokes driving covertibles:

Gloves, Driving, Leather.

Cap, flat.

Moustache, spunk encrusted.

Latest Threads