Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panic buying / stocking up

ericferret

War Hero
Hell, Yeah!!
Waitrose sell Bury black pudding food for god's. Sadly my nearest is seven hours away.
Incidentally I have noticed that the cheaper bog roll go first. Proper posh people like wot i's am go for three or four ply to prevent push through. Go round Asda and count the brown fingers.

So does our local CO-OP.

Try Simon Howie "Wee black pudding" as an alternative not bad, Morrisons and others.

Then Toscos home shopping pickers select the items with the shortest dates, cnuts. After receiving out of date fruit in one delivery we now ask the driver to wait whilst we check it all, some do , some dont .
Fortnightly delivery is tomorrow PM , I am steeling my self .

I am normally an easy going sort of chap.
But i had a go at the spotty student type serving / or not, Me in my local Morrisons tonight.
First i queue to get my lottery ticket then go to the spirits counter and ask him to scan a bottle of Coke with my vodka.
I can't do that its against the rules.
So i have to queue up three times to buy three items.
Unacceptable.
My parting words were i'll be fucking use Sainsburys in the future.
I am sure he was shitting himself.

Waitrose sell Bury black pudding food for god's. Sadly my nearest is seven hours away.
Incidentally I have noticed that the cheaper bog roll go first. Proper posh people like wot i's am go for three or four ply to prevent push through. Go round Asda and count the brown fingers.

I get the black pudding from Iceland and that's in Spain, FGS. TESCO also has it on their website.

You lucky barstewards should think yourself fortunate that you are not serviced by Booths.
They sell themselves as the Waitrose of the North.
Their fresh food will last until the car trip home, overpriced for the quality and sloth like staff.
Loads of big roll and pasta though.

I make no bones about it, I'm an absolutely pikey cnut when it comes to buying certain items.
Harpic/bog cleaner/cooker degreaser?
99p shop.
6 pack of dubious noodles with added palm oil and dead Clyde?
Ditto.
Fruit and veg-Surrey street market in Croydon, if they sell crap word spreads and they go bust. The gaylord organic sourdough £4 a pop for a bun hipsters were sent packing back to Hackney toot sweet.

Cats make a good substitute for chicken in most Ragus so stockpile some 22 rimfire as well
Firearms legislation is a bit of a barrier.

So - learn snares and deadfall traps. Easily fabricated from bits and bobs about the house and garden, and cats are sooo fvking dim, they're easy prey.

Or so I'm told​
by a friend . . . . .​

Around here is was Coles and Woolies monopoly (if you dismiss the chic boutique fruit and veg purveyors- shops like that never actually "sell" anything) until Aldi arrived. Now I use them for bulk purchases of milk and veg (whilst browsing the centre two aisles for whatever little nick-knacks are on offer this week).

The garden now hosts a number of veggie beds and fruit trees, so far (bearing in mind the season differences) we've had snow peas and peas, with carrots and cabbages well on their way. Next round will be squash, zuccini (courgettes under a nom-de-plume), onions with the potential for potatoes, lettuce and cauliflower to come if I can fit them in. Fruit will probably mostly be cherries (for cherry brandy) and quince (for quince gin, I'm still finishing the quince paste from two years ago).

Now if I could only get the chicken and pork seeds to germinate I'd be laughing.....

There's a Peroni Gran Riserva which is a bit maltier although the normal Peroni is the best selling lager in Italy.
Birra Moretti seemed to be in every bar around the Lake Garda area. I did try a "Spaghetti Western" malt beer in one bar. Tasted chocolatey and then I noticed the alcohol content was 8.7%. Not keen.

When Moretti was made in the Trieste brewery, it was such a good stuff but since being bought out and the brewery closed, it has turned into anothet fizzy, sh*te beer.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Then Toscos home shopping pickers select the items with the shortest dates, cnuts. After receiving out of date fruit in one delivery we now ask the driver to wait whilst we check it all, some do , some dont .
Fortnightly delivery is tomorrow PM , I am steeling my self .
I bet they love spending 45 mins while you inspect the fruit and veg to determine compliance with current EU tomato regulations and count the number of grapes on each bunch.

Get the stuff with Durum wheat or egg and your protein intake will be improved.

BTW Cats make a good substitute for chicken in most Ragus so stockpile some 22 rimfire as well

I thought pasta was only made using durum wheat?

I saw piles of pasta on offer in Tesco some weeks ago. Dirt cheap. I think it was from Turkey or somewhere like that.

You can see exactly what has happened there. After the last run on pasta, Tesco have stocked up using some dodgy Turkish supplier, the panic has eased off and they've been left with several warehouses full of the stuff.

Turkish pasta???! Were she not beside me and still breathing, the (Italian) wife would be spinning beneath the patio!!!

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

I bet they love spending 45 mins while you inspect the fruit and veg to determine compliance with current EU tomato regulations and count the number of grapes on each bunch.
Nah most dump it and run,I know I would, mumbling “call customer services” as they head up the drive.

Latest Threads