Panic buying / stocking up

There seems to be a run on the DIY stuff with everyone doing stuff at home. So far, we've had shortages of Top soil, fence paint, guttering parts, and a particular barsteward, ready mix cement in the middle of a bigish rendering job. I was bolloxed if I was going to pay over price to some thieving gippo so any jobs I planned ahead and got the parts for first. Mrs Biff was moaning like feck yesterday when we couldn't move in the sun room for all the diy stuff. It looks like an explosion in a badly stocked B&M. I've not suffered any shortages that cause hardship really. Inconvenience, yes, not having the right veg on the shelf but certainly no hardship.
I'd like to be around when the tw@ts who were buying up all the freezers and loading them up with frozen stuff from supermarkets get their electricity bills and are left with stuff they can't get rid of.

Yair, here in the Antipodes the scum/meeja (sensationalist journalism) have joined forces with the State Gubmints various (opening borders, permitting “rabbles in the streets”) to incite “panic-buying, ver.2” ... SWMBO-Minor’s weekly shop was beset with feckwits overloading trolleys with all the usual “emergency necessities”, ie coca-drink, crisps, timtams etc ... oh, yeah, and date-roll! And parking like the entitled pillocks that they are ... 4rse’oles, the lot of ‘em, a pox on their houses!

Attachments

You know what we Brits are like, someone acts like a knob, so you tell them they are a knob, maybe punctuating the statement with a punch on the nose. Point made, everyone moves on.

Americans, by and large, are the least personally contentious people I have ever met. They cannot cope with an argument, never mind a barney, use long words combined with an officers mess British accent and they are mentally phuqed, you can watch their brains flip-flopping trying to make sense of the situation. Don't get me wrong, there are clever Americans, it's just that a good 70% of the population are sub-par when it comes to their education. Therefore lawyers are the way people argue to avoid personal confrontation and having to do clever thinking. The legal system is also skewed in favour of using a lawyer, I and every member of the family carry around a business card for a lawyer who was a leading light in the local DA's office until he set up private practice. Everyone understands that they do not talk to the police and hand over the card telling the police they want the lawyer present. The fact that the lawyer knows all the judges, arranges BBQ's for his old mates in the DA's office, knows the Sheriff and local police chiefs means that anything short of murder will result in a caution rather than a prosecution. Its the best legal system money can buy.

From a civilised european perspective it is just so corrupt it is unbelievable. For Americans though it is all they know, what they were born into and it is just the way it goes.
Effendi, apposite, indeed ... in fact, I’m starting to think that your ‘quoted above’ applies equally to the denizens of Our Great Southern “Ockerdom”, and I place the blame squarely on the proliferation of 70s-80s septic television’s influence of that era’s young parents ... and their subsequent spawn’s sense of entitlement. Harrumph!

Yair, here in the Antipodes the scum/meeja (sensationalist journalism) have joined forces with the State Gubmints various (opening borders, permitting “rabbles in the streets”) to incite “panic-buying, ver.2” ... SWMBO-Minor’s weekly shop was beset with feckwits overloading trolleys with all the usual “emergency necessities”, ie coca-drink, crisps, timtams etc ... oh, yeah, and date-roll! And parking like the entitled pillocks that they are ... 4rse’oles, the lot of ‘em, a pox on their houses!
Chinagraph pencil in your glove box and learn to write C U N T in mirror image so you can scrawl it on the windscreen in the driver's eye line.

... and would yer believe it, the 4rse’oles have started doing their Bogan Preppers impressions again, FFSk! The two major grocery retailers here in my bit of Antipodean Godzone have just (re)introduced single pack limits on date-roll, pasta, rice and hand sanitizer ... the world seems to have tilted further off its’ axis! And the ignorant, obtuse b4rstids still persist in parking like caaahnts! Chinagraph pencil in pocket for next foray ...

... and would yer believe it, the 4rse’oles have started doing their Bogan Preppers impressions again, FFSk! The two major grocery retailers here in my bit of Antipodean Godzone have just (re)introduced single pack limits on date-roll, pasta, rice and hand sanitizer ... the world seems to have tilted further off its’ axis! And the ignorant, obtuse b4rstids still persist in parking like caaahnts! Chinagraph pencil in pocket for next foray ...
I'm guessing you hail from Victoria, We're already winding up restrictions north of the border, and our supermarkets stock are bountiful.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you hail from Victoria, We're already winding up restrictions north of the border, and our supermarkets stock are bountiful.
Don’t normally admit it, but I was born out near the Dandenong Ranges when it was a quiet, arboreal delight ...moved on, and to many places, courtesy of certain service to Queen etc, and then an International Organisation, until retirement a few years ago. Had settled near Brisbane, but a couple of years ago moved to the Shoalhaven region, south coast of NSW, to be closer to the Heir, whose service will see him and his Mob based here as a home posting. Regrettably, the supermarkets here have just reintroduced quantity limits on certain items, and occupancy restrictions, due to “fear of panic-buying” ... just before the hordes of tourists descend upon us for the School Hols ... weird times in which we live, hey!

Don’t normally admit it, but I was born out near the Dandenong Ranges when it was a quiet, arboreal delight ...moved on, and to many places, courtesy of certain service to Queen etc, and then an International Organisation, until retirement a few years ago. Had settled near Brisbane, but a couple of years ago moved to the Shoalhaven region, south coast of NSW, to be closer to the Heir, whose service will see him and his Mob based here as a home posting. Regrettably, the supermarkets here have just reintroduced quantity limits on certain items, and occupancy restrictions, due to “fear of panic-buying” ... just before the hordes of tourists descend upon us for the School Hols ... weird times in which we live, hey!
What do you expect? The NSW Premier won't close the borders with VIC, even though coronavirus is kicking off again down there, so we have hoards of panicked Victorians hauling trailers to NSW trying to panic buy.

Last edited:
Did that in Bavaria in summer 1986 on my escape and evasion exercise. Couldn't quite emulate my Dutch mucker who took a pet rabbit.
Aha ,was looking to find out where I did some escape & evasion in 81 which I think was in Bavaria based in a gurt big mansion that was rumoured to have been an old Hitler youth camp,didn't enjoy it much because we were supposed to be going there for R&R,but our leader signed us up for this,and I think he must have failed to get into the marines or SAS,anyways any idea where it is/was?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Aha ,was looking to find out where I did some escape & evasion in 81 which I think was in Bavaria based in a gurt big mansion that was rumoured to have been an old Hitler youth camp,didn't enjoy it much because we were supposed to be going there for R&R,but our leader signed us up for this,and I think he must have failed to get into the marines or SAS,anyways any idea where it is/was?

Mine was in Weingarten. The Long Range Recce course.

Just checked back. It was the International Long Range Recce Patrol course in Weingarten in Baden-Wuerttemberg. A two week course.

Last edited:

Latest Threads