Panic buying / stocking up

So I'm not the only one then. Not looking forward to the thieving govt coming up with new ways to catch up all the lovely money they missed out on while those who usually keep the economy afloat were not earning anything.

At least the Primarkers are observing Social Distancing.:rolleyes:
1592232803459.png

Black Tights Matter.
Note the quick getaway scooters for the under-10 shoplifters.

Have you noticed how with the panic buying completed and deliveries being increased people are rather reluctant to be dehumanised and made to feel like criminals when going to supermarkets.

Result in my local Marks food shop (posh area!) the almost full stocks of food are now rapidly going out of date and they are reducing prices like mad to encourage nonexistent shoppers.
No I have not noticed, and, quite frankly, you are talking rubbish as usual.

No I have not noticed, and, quite frankly, you are talking rubbish as usual.
To be fair, when he posted more than two months ago, his observations were correct in some instances. In my area, bread, milk, cheese and cooked ham went through the situation described. Always available (if you knew where to look) but with best before dates of three or four days. Probably due to distribution issues rather than just panic buying although panic buying would have depleted available stocks.

Contrast that with the situation now. Bread with a sell by date of 9 days and milk with 13 days.

I've had Postcrete on order for over a month, just can't get the stuff anywhere. Same with Good quality fence/shed paint. I reckon all the poor sods in lockdown have been desperate for something to occupy them, or under pressure from their partners.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
I've had Postcrete on order for over a month, just can't get the stuff anywhere. Same with Good quality fence/shed paint. I reckon all the poor sods in lockdown have been desperate for something to occupy them, or under pressure from their partners.
Same here.

Funnily enough though there's someone on Facebook Marketplace that's selling fence and shed paint for four times retail price. He seems to have loads of stock!

Just checked. 42 bags available within 2 miles, 800 within 20 miles. That's just B&Q. Though you might have to order £100+ to qualify for bulk delivery.

Last edited:
Just checked. 42 bags available within 2 miles, 800 within 20 miles. That's just B&Q. Though you might have to order £100+ to qualify for bulk delivery.
I only need 7 bags of 20 kg. I can get it if I go for a pallet, but too much. I should add that it is on ebay, but at 5 times the normal price plus a big whack for delivery. I'll wait. I'm careful with my hard earned down.

I only need 7 bags of 20 kg. I can get it if I go for a pallet, but too much. I should add that it is on ebay, but at 5 times the normal price plus a big whack for delivery. I'll wait. I'm careful with my hard earned down.
43 bags in my local Homebase 1 mile away. No need to click & collect, just walk in and put it on a trolley.

4(T)

LE
Our town has run out of eggs for some reason. Even the large Morrisons only has a few duck eggs and some £££ "organic" eggs.

Is there some secret plague affecting chickens?!

RedDinger

Swinger
Our town has run out of eggs for some reason. Even the large Morrisons only has a few duck eggs and some £££ "organic" eggs.

Bird Flu?

Hmmm. Our shops seemed a bit low last week. Tesco had plenty but the use-by dates weren't particularly long. Means we will have to increase consumption over the next week and buy some more sooner than expected.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
our fortnightly shop has gone up £60 since lockdown and that's with lots of stuff being out of stock ! bastards .
Plus we have to pay for delivery

I still have £2.5k in my safe. My thinking was that if it all went a bit Pete, it would be useful. I should take it back now I suppose.

I still have £2.5k in my safe. My thinking was that if it all went a bit Pete, it would be useful. I should take it back now I suppose.
I'm going down the High Street tomorrow, give it to me and I'll take it back for you

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive been told in the village that plasterers dust is going for 60 quid a bag because there is a shortage . Dont know if this is thistle or browning though.

My two cuckoo Marans are still producing two a day .

Latest Threads